WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
just bought a new vostok europe n1 rocket a few weeks ago and it seems that the time has advance to 5 minutes after a week, is this normal? i'm planning to have it adjust for speed from where i bought the watch since the warranty doesn't cover sending it back to the manufacturer, does anyone here have the same problem with their n1 like mine

·
Registered
670 Posts
I own several V-E watches, they all seemed to run a little fast when they were new but after a month or so they settled down. This is fairly common with any automatic movement.

Not sure where you bought the watch but Detente Distribution Group will adjust for accuracy on any of the watches they sell if still under warranty. Here is the link to their web page.

http://www.detentewatches.com/Warranty_Information.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
hello,
just bought a new vostok europe n1 rocket a few weeks ago and it seems that the time has advance to 5 minutes after a week, is this normal? i'm planning to have it adjust for speed from where i bought the watch since the warranty doesn't cover sending it back to the manufacturer, does anyone here have the same problem with their n1 like mine
I have had the same problem.It's not normal You have to send the watch to seller.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello,

5 minutes per week is a lot IMHO .
I have one VE expedition 2007 bought in october .Mine is running ok and can keep good time so long i switch the night-position everyday or every 2 days so that advance and lag can compensate .
I mean that in my own experience i did notice that the "behaviour " of an automatic watch depends on your lifestyle and the way you store your watch at night .
I did notice that my VE exp 2007 :
1/ gets a lag during the night when stored dial vertical 12 down
2/ takes advance during night when stored flat dial up .
in all cases , i rewind manually ( 6 to 7 turns ) every morning before wearing my watch ;

everyday i check the "supposed astronomical"-time on internet and decide the way i will store my watch on night depending if a speed-up or a speed-down is needed .

but in my humble opinion , 5 min in one week is a lot ..
if it can help ..

Best regards

·
Registered
670 Posts
When I first got my Red Square, it was gaining about 35 sec per 24 hour period, I don't wear the same watch more than a day or two so I don't know how fast it would have been after a week. I can tell you that now it may only gain maybe 5 sec in a 24 hour period.

That said, I can definitely tell you that Detente will time the watch for you at no charge if you send it to them, but based on my experience it probably will settle in.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I own several V-E watches, they all seemed to run a little fast when they were new but after a month or so they settled down. This is fairly common with any automatic movement.

Not sure where you bought the watch but Detente Distribution Group will adjust for accuracy on any of the watches they sell if still under warranty. Here is the link to their web page.

http://www.detentewatches.com/Warranty_Information.html

hello,
i'm jun from the philippines, i bought my ve 1 at a local mall here in laguna, sm mall at no curfew time boutique, anyway, the watch still runs unsually fast, i'm gonna give it al least a month before i return and have it adjusted. i'm a bit disappointed coz it really cost me a lot of money in buying the watch, hoping it will do good as time passes by

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
43 seconds a day is on the high side, a good watchmaker should be able to regulate it to something more acceptable without too much trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts