WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of my fellow Vostok lovers, its been a while but for good reason.
I am a huge fan of both modern and vintage vostoks.

However, the modern releases have a minor but major flaw and that is the hands;
They can be some times irritating. I have outlined some of the features that do bother me which is attached to the photo below.

I really do think that one of the best feature in a dive watch is the hands, it should be prominent at all times and should sit proud on the dial.

I will also send this thread to Dmitry of Mernaom and hopefully, they could carry out some research and develop improved hands.

Guys, I do Hope to hear your feedback. All the best to all of you, especially during these times.

Joey

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,412 Posts
Painting the front of the hands in a highly reflective white (similar to the old camera clocks) with matching indices, while retaining all the lumed parts, would be a nice functional enhancement. Might look a bit too bold on the Amphibia hour hand, but perhaps witha Komandirskie hand set? Could be the basis for a nice non-chrono Speedmaster homage, if it is possible to have such a thing.

Not that I'm saying that the stock items "need improvement ASAP"; just that it would be a nice extra for the product range.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Vostok should bring back the long lume channels on their hands...I hate the piddly little lume channels on the current Komandirskie classics and also the minuite hand on the Amphibia, I don't know why Vostok changed them, the old ones looked much better...

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I wish the chrome was white. I modded a Komandirskie and it's awesome. I'm going to do on an Amphibia sometime.
Meranom do have "White" hand sets on their website, just not currently in stock. Perhaps put yourself on the waitlist.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Meranom do have "White" hand sets on their website, just not currently in stock. Perhaps put yourself on the waitlist.

Thank you for writing. I've been on the waiting list for a while. But it's been a long time, and sometime I'll do it my self.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vostok should bring back the long lume channels on their hands...I hate the piddly little lume channels on the current Komandirskie classics and also the minuite hand on the Amphibia, I don't know why Vostok changed them, the old ones looked much better...
ON ALL VOSTOKS! I am now planning to sending 2 of my favorite modern amphibias to Dmitry of Meranom:
I am hoping that the factory will relume both dials for me.
As you mentioned, the lume is really piddly, lol!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

Are those hands painted white?
It's difficult to judge by the photos.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Do you realize there research and development for your proposal will result in increased prices directed squarely at the consumer? Might just be $0.01 but think of the people man!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
ON ALL VOSTOKS! I am now planning to sending 2 of my favorite modern amphibias to Dmitry of Meranom:
I am hoping that the factory will relume both dials for me.
As you mentioned, the lume is really piddly, lol!
I do not think Vostok will, but I think Favinov will, contact him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts