WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this watch as a birthday gift and I am liking it (2+ months now). Just did a review on it on my Youtube channel.
My question to fellow WUS members here, are you comfortable and am able to immediately read the time on your 24 hours watches like how you would on a normal 12 hour dial watch? I am still not used to it. And I think me changing my watches every day (though I did wear the Vostok for a week straight) doesn't help. 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I've worn 24-hour watches exclusively for some years now and frequently find I'm reading the 24-hour hand without conscious thought. Occasionally I get confused by twelve-hour clocks.

I believe if you stick with it you'll develop the brain wiring to switch seamlessly between 12 and 24 hours. To keep you on your toes, get a 12-up 24-hour watch as well!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yep, I agree, it takes a while, but in the end you can switch fairly easily.

I've sone left crown watches and now and then I put them on upside down, it takes a while to overcome years of training with a right crown, 12 hour watch.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting. It's a matter of acclimatizing then :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, I have both 12-hr and 24-hrs watches and undoubtedly no issues with looking the time in a single glance.
Got it, I will continue to wear it in good faith and hope I get use to it soon. Seriously liking the watch.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mine is the engraved bezel white dial as shown above by member 'bearwithwatch.'
Had it for almost a year now, but have worn it only in rotation about 1/2 month twice now.
I still find it a bit weird to get used to, but that would get better if I wore it more.
I did buy it because the 24 hour dial was attractive to me, and I found it was a great deal as far as price.
Vostok makes a great watch for the cost.
The biggest issue I have with it is I wish the dates were a little fatter and wider, as they are difficult for my old eyes.
But not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is the engraved bezel white dial as shown above by member 'bearwithwatch.'
Had it for almost a year now, but have worn it only in rotation about 1/2 month twice now.
I still find it a bit weird to get used to, but that would get better if I wore it more.
I did buy it because the 24 hour dial was attractive to me, and I found it was a great deal as far as price.
Vostok makes a great watch for the cost.
The biggest issue I have with it is I wish the dates were a little fatter and wider, as they are difficult for my old eyes.
But not a deal breaker.
Almost exactly what I went through as well. Another thing that I found quite annoying is the lack of quick set date. But not a deal breaker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts