WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i got this watch in mail today. I really like it. It's from 80's era. Any idea how to set the date on this watch? Any shortcuts?

IMG_20170317_112916_resized_20170317_113206950.jpg

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
The date is set by advancing the watch by 24h as many times as it will be necessary... Soviet movements usually didn't have date quickset- actually, I don't think I've ever heard of any Soviet movement with that feature.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice watch! It has a cool look. I like the crazing pattern on the dial.

I don't think this watch has a quick-set date feature. Not many Russian watches do.

But you should ask the good fellows in the Russian Watches forum. They know all there is to know about this popular model.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've got a bunch of vostoks myself, nice watches, I've even got one with the same dial as yours around here somewhere. There is a quicker way to set the date on those. Move the time forward to 24:00 so the date clicks forward, then move the time back to 21:00. You should see the date start to move back then click as you go back past 21:00. Then keep going forward and back between 21:00 and 24:00 until you have the right date.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,150 Posts
I've got a bunch of vostoks myself, nice watches, I've even got one with the same dial as yours around here somewhere. There is a quicker way to set the date on those. Move the time forward to 24:00 so the date clicks forward, then move the time back to 21:00. You should see the date start to move back then click as you go back past 21:00. Then keep going forward and back between 21:00 and 24:00 until you have the right date.
And that is exactly what the Vostok instruction manual advises, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts