WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the old thread (Here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/vostok-mod-revival-4188578.html) exceeded the functional limitations of many people's web browsers, Chascomm wisely locked it down so that we can start up a whole new 500 page monster of modified Russian goodness.

I've been off for a while doing a multitude of other things, including (but not limited to) doing a couple small runs of custom brass and stainless dials for Vostok mods (not taking any orders, none for sale, sorry)

In among all of that, I had time to finally finish up a long standing mod. Originally I had this 813 dial with the old school blued steel hands in a 150 case for a year or so, but I just could not get it to sit right on my wrist, the Lug to Lug is just over where I'm comfortable with so it never got any wrist time.

Final revision, I blasted a new 710 case, neptune caseback and crown to a matte finish, chucked the movement into a blue PVD steel spacer I had from ebay (not that you can see it, but I know it's there). For the bezel, I took one of the large size (090/100/150) smooth pilot bezels from Meranom (because those sit at the same height as the crystal, unlike the small pilot bezels) and carved out some angular "rock" texture, hand polishing all of the facets before heat bluing it to match/compliment the hands. I quite like the way it came out, especially paired with a blushark striped navy elastic strap. The goal was to compliment the simplicity and stark nature of the dial with just a little extra flair.

IMG_20200524_210821_342.jpg 20200524_190759.jpg IMG_20200524_210821_340.jpg

~Adam

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
As the old thread (Here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/vostok-mod-revival-4188578.html) exceeded the functional limitations of many people's web browsers, Chascomm wisely locked it down so that we can start up a whole new 500 page monster of modified Russian goodness.

I've been off for a while doing a multitude of other things, including (but not limited to) doing a couple small runs of custom brass and stainless dials for Vostok mods (not taking any orders, none for sale, sorry)

In among all of that, I had time to finally finish up a long standing mod. Originally I had this 813 dial with the old school blued steel hands in a 150 case for a year or so, but I just could not get it to sit right on my wrist, the Lug to Lug is just over where I'm comfortable with so it never got any wrist time.

Final revision, I blasted a new 710 case, neptune caseback and crown to a matte finish, chucked the movement into a blue PVD steel spacer I had from ebay (not that you can see it, but I know it's there). For the bezel, I took one of the large size (090/100/150) smooth pilot bezels from Meranom (because those sit at the same height as the crystal, unlike the small pilot bezels) and carved out some angular "rock" texture, hand polishing all of the facets before heat bluing it to match/compliment the hands. I quite like the way it came out, especially paired with a blushark striped navy elastic strap. The goal was to compliment the simplicity and stark nature of the dial with just a little extra flair.

View attachment 15163523 View attachment 15163529 View attachment 15163531

~Adam
wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts

Thx to restart the thread !

Great Mod and a real worthy piece to start here.

Everybody should not forget we’re we came from - the first Vostok mod thread started 2014:
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/vostok-mods-1133714.html

Means we can count 765 pages of great inspirations. The developing within the time is outstanding.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My custom Moose/Rifle Amphibian.
Cerakoted Burnt Bronze case. Lumeless brass oxidized dial. Aged brass bezel with the teeth blued.

Edit: Decided to add lume. Not my best job. Working on it. Mixed up a beige color.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
My custom Moose/Rifle Amphibian.
Cerakoted Burnt Bronze case. Lumeless brass oxidized dial. Aged brass bezel with the teeth blued.
You have fantastic skills and art sensibility! How do you get inspiration and ideas? Just fantastic.

Of course, I hope that moose is on safe and healthy :))

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
195 Posts
You have fantastic skills and art sensibility! How do you get inspiration and ideas? Just fantastic.

Thank you!
I have a ton of ideas in my head. A lot of what I do ends up being a mistake and I love it and just run with it. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts

Thank you!
I have a ton of ideas in my head. A lot of what I do ends up being a mistake and I love it and just run with it. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry for the double posts. My computer was really acting up. I know how to avoid them. This time it was something else. Wish I could clean them up and delete them. Making my OCD go nuts!

·
Registered
195 Posts
One more. I did this one a while back. It just never sat right with me. Had a matching smooth bezel cerakoted the same Tungsten color. It was to much, to blah. I then put an aged brass bezel on, ehh..... that was better but to loud if that makes sense.
I think I finally have this 170549 where I want it. Sanded the edge of a 090 bezel cerakoted in matte black. It says “me” now.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
One more. I did this one a while back. It just never sat right with me. Had a matching smooth bezel cerakoted the same Tungsten color. It was to much, to blah. I then put an aged brass bezel on, ehh..... that was better but to loud if that makes sense.
I think I finally have this 170549 where I want it. Sanded the edge of a 090 bezel cerakoted in matte black. It says “me” now.
Two great pieces further ..(great compilation of different techniques , DIY...and „let‘s try“)
with the 090 would go without any lumen.....then perfect (for me)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Two great pieces further ..(great compilation of different techniques , DIY...and „let‘s try“)
with the 090 would go without any lumen.....then perfect (for me)
Thank you. I debated all day on the lume. I have several more projects in the works that I know I won’t be using lume. So, the lume was there, I was there, kids were in bed. The stars were aligned. Seemed right. 😆

1 - 20 of 146 Posts