WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Been gone for quite awhile, but I built something during all that down time.

Here’s my remix of the newest Amphibia and the original

A 2426 Dual Time Scuba Dude transplanted into an original swing lug 350 case.

This required a custom movement holder and a crown/stem from yet a different model.

I need to try and straighten the wire lugs and I’m not sold on the bezel yet
It just may require a 24hr bezel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Been gone for quite awhile, but I built something during all that down time.

Here’s my remix of the newest Amphibia and the original

A 2426 Dual Time Scuba Dude transplanted into an original swing lug 350 case.

This required a custom movement holder and a crown/stem from yet a different model.

I need to try and straighten the wire lugs and I’m not sold on the bezel yet
It just may require a 24hr bezel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!!

Meranom batman black/ blue 24h bezel would probably fit fantastic...

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi @ThePossumKing! Glad to see you back!
Very nice mod, would you mind to disclose the measurements of the custom movement ring and the crown needed?
Or in alternative, I'd buy one from you if you like to keep the "patent"

I have a swing lug case that I'd like to convert to new 24xx movements
thank you!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just a minor mod - a new bezel and a signed crown. I've never really been a fan of the 120/420 cases because of the lug width but the (very comfy) stock silicon strap is notched and so is actually a bit fatter than 18mm. Strange really, as I was going to change the second hand also, but the watch has just grown on me as is..feels like cheating to just leave it alone :D This champagne sunburst dial is new for me and I have to say is quite a handsome chap..

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
I felt the elongated paddle hands overpowered the dial so I switched them up with some that mimic the hour markers somewhat. I like it.

After wearing actual 67’s and the new TV lately, it was feeling a bit dainty so the exhibition caseback gives it some extra presence/height and shows off the decoration.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
It was a rainy Sunday and not much to do, so I revived a few Vostok movements. Mostly a full dismantle, clean and lubricate but one needed a new mainspring.

Sadly they're not doing well in more than a few timegrapher positions so they're unlikely to ever go back in a case. Still, it's good practice and whiled away the afternoon.
I rather like just having them sitting on the bench with their little balance wheels being busy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but it should be easy to answer I suppose :) : the cases of watches with the crown at 2 o'clock - how do you fit the movement inside - cause from what I see they are the same movements - you just turn the movement at an angle so the stem goes in at 2 o'clock? But then, how does the dial fit on the movement at an angle, how do the holding pins of the dial fit on the movement at this angle?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but it should be easy to answer I suppose :) : the cases of watches with the crown at 2 o'clock - how do you fit the movement inside - cause from what I see they are the same movements - you just turn the movement at an angle so the stem goes in at 2 o'clock? But then, how does the dial fit on the movement at an angle, how do the holding pins of the dial fit on the movement at this angle?
These case models have the dial feet positioned to suit the case, the other option is to use "dial dots" and remove the dial feet for dials designed for normal 3 o'clock crown position.

·
Registered
219 Posts
These case models have the dial feet positioned to suit the case, the other option is to use "dial dots" and remove the dial feet for dials designed for normal 3 o'clock crown position.
Ah so, they have 'special' dials for these cases? But the movement is the same just sits at an angle?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I felt the elongated paddle hands overpowered the dial so I switched them up with some that mimic the hour markers somewhat. I like it.
View attachment 15366205
After wearing actual 67’s and the new TV lately, it was feeling a bit dainty so the exhibition caseback gives it some extra presence/height and shows off the decoration.
View attachment 15366207
I think these hands look great - a good size choice (y) Are they the Favinov "wide" style? They look a bit fatter to my eyes. I've bought a set of ETA sized hands that are similar that I'm planning on resizing at some point and these look quite a similar thickness. I'm obsessed with handsets - I need help..

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
I think these hands look great - a good size choice (y) Are they the Favinov "wide" style? They look a bit fatter to my eyes. I've bought a set of ETA sized hands that are similar that I'm planning on resizing at some point and these look quite a similar thickness. I'm obsessed with handsets - I need help..
Honestly I don't know. I bought a spare 090 case and they were included even though they weren't mentioned in the listing. They look the be some kind of Komandirskie handset.

221 - 240 of 283 Posts