WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

281 - 300 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here is a mod that I have tinkered with on and off for a while. I think I am done, except for an occasional strap change.

-100 case, signed stainless crown, and 2416b movement from Meranom with Scuba Dude caseback.
-Dial and hands from Favinov. The dial is spectacular.
-Bezel from Boris_gvb. I bought this from him a long time ago. I don't think he sells these any more. This was made for larger cases and does not have a step. Looks great on the 100 case.
-Pepsi insert from wholesaleoutlet990 on Ebay.
-Strap from Barton.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I made this one today from parts that include some that finally arrived from a March purchase.

I can't afford one of these in real life, but this scratches an itch!

-020 Komadirskie with 2416b movement from Komanderskie.com.
-Hands from raffles-time.
-Seiko Seamaster style dial from raffles-time. I clipped off the feet and used dial dots.
-Coin edge bezel from Arkustime.
-Insert from Dagaz.
-Tropic strap from Cheapest Nato Straps.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
How about adding a set of black sword hands?
Good idea, I was actually also thinking about that - adding something black (maybe not even all hands, maybe just one I dunno) would make the bezel better fit in; the thing is, I am not sure I'm gonna keep it like this for very long, and also I'm not very well versed in changing hands - I'm planning to practice first on some old broken down watches and then do it on the watches I actually wear. We'll see; if I keep it longer and get a chance to get some practice in chaging hands, then I'll probably do it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good idea, I was actually also thinking about that - adding something black (maybe not even all hands, maybe just one I dunno) would make the bezel better fit in; the thing is, I am not sure I'm gonna keep it like this for very long, and also I'm not very well versed in changing hands - I'm planning to practice first on some old broken down watches and then do it on the watches I actually wear. We'll see; if I keep it longer and get a chance to get some practice in chaging hands, then I'll probably do it.
As long as you have steady hands (assuming your using hand held pushers) then it's quite a simple thing to change hands over (don't get me started on the second hand, groan). The thought of doing it is much worse than the actual doing, and after you've had a practice run or two first you'll be good (y) I remember seeing this guy on Youtube changing a hand set over and I almost had to switch it off through frustration and sympathy. He'd just given up smoking and had the WORST shakes I've EVER seen. It was like some kind of warped torture test to the viewer. I suspect he actually had to have a couple of smokes in between each hand change..and he stopped the video when he got to the seconds hand :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
You don't really have to use hand held pushers. Something like that is really inexpensive

View attachment 15384706

Elevated working surface (like height adjustable desk) makes it much easier too
Already have one like that, still, I plan to practice taking out/putting on hands on a couple of broken down watches, and then do it 'for real'. It's just hard to find the time lately, tbh.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sort of noobish question, but what kind of color do you use? I know some use nail polish, othsrs paint for models from hobby shops...
I bought some (supposedly) glow in the dark nail varnish (about £5.50 off ebay) - might scrub out and use enamel paints though, I'll see how this turns out after a bit of work

281 - 300 of 460 Posts