WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

461 - 480 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts

Not much of a mod, just replaced the original plain bezel with another plain bezel that I got from komandirskie.com; also replaced that awful original strap (seriously, what the hell, Vostok?) with a nice leather one I bought cheaply from aliexpress. I was debating a long time on whether to put that metered bezel or this plain one, the plain one won - but that could change. Anyway, I still plan to remove the seconds hand - when I get to it- I think it will look better that way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yet another black one: Vachtmaster BlackRed

A black Yachtmaster ceramics inlay arrived on saturday from China and was looking for a new home. My red OSC paddles didn't feel at home either in their former setup.

So that's the result:
Case: Amphibia 150 matte PVD coated, as always incl. caseback, ring and stainless steel crown
Bezel: Arkustime Coin Edge (eBay), also PVD coated, with Yachtmaster inlay matte black from AliExpress
Dial: Amphibia 662 from a 090662 from Komandirskie.com
Hands: red paddles from OSC, Amphibia SE second hand white from vostok-watches24
Movement holder: stainless steel from Komandirskie.com (as always)
Date wheel black from Komandirskie.com
Sealing ring painted red
Strap: canvas strap from AliExpress with black PVD buckle

·
Registered
2 Posts
My (new to me) vintage Komandirskie case came in, so I cleaned it up, replaced the back gasket and dropped a new movement in it. I also relumed a Komandirskie.com handset for this one. The lume on the Favinov dial is really bright, and the lume on the hands was pretty pitiful before, so it needed to be done. In normal light it is much less green, but even in the shade like this, you can see the green glow. If anybody is looking for a source for lume powder, I got mine from Techno Glow—real strontium aluminate/europium for much less than what you would pay for C3. I’m still learning how to use it, but I’m pretty happy with the results so far. It holds its own pretty well with whatever Favinov uses.

461 - 480 of 518 Posts