WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

481 - 500 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I´ve got a "Radio-Room" from a very kind member of another forum for spare parts.... I couldn´t do it!
That´s how it looks like now:
P1150046.JPG

Strap: Military Army Diver G10 18mm cardinal/black/beige "sectime" (eBay)
Bezel: T2-6 (Komandirskie.com)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I had to work on my Amphibia 150 SE. A repair rather than a mod but I didn't want to open a new thread just for my question.

The watch fell on the swimming pool ground the other day and the glass cracked. I bought one of these Chinese crystal press, which arrived yesterday (about a month travel time, not so bad). I changed the glass yesterday evening (Covid-19 related curfew in my area so long evenings to fill...). The new one came in a spare parts lot I bought some years ago so I'm not fully sure it's an Amphibia one--actually I had two in the lot and I couldn't put the tension ring inside the first one.

It took me a couple of tries but finally fitted the new glass--I heard a loud click sound that made me check whether I had cracked the new glass. It seems OK, well fitted with no imbalance. However the height of the watch is now 14.7mm vs. 15mm for my two other 150 SE. Is this signifiant and can it have an impact on the water resistance of the watch? It's spending the next few days in a glass of water to test the WR but obviously it's not a very reliable test.

Thanks for views and opinions.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Parkgate where did you get Bezel from ?
Kom.com but you need to
a) butcher the old insert to remove it.
b) remove the plexi side inner upstand.
c) and then shrink the inner diameter by about 0.4mm from 38.5mm to 38.1mm- 38.05mm to accept a 38mm insert.
Off the shelf... sorry unavailable..as I said its a modded bezel.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My new black 170 a couple of post above, I forgot to mention that I really like the extra long crown that came with the case, its a great feature and makes winding and setting a doddle and adds a uniqueness to the watch (did anyone notice ?).

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Working on the case for my 090 project - just a couple of bits, but wanted parts of it to be polished (came as a matt case), am using a 'dremel' style polisher, and chrome polish (think that that's the most 'aggressive' polish that I've got), - it's going very slowly but the matt finish is slowly coming round to my way of thinking ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I had to work on my Amphibia 150 SE. A repair rather than a mod but I didn't want to open a new thread just for my question.

The watch fell on the swimming pool ground the other day and the glass cracked. I bought one of these Chinese crystal press, which arrived yesterday (about a month travel time, not so bad). I changed the glass yesterday evening (Covid-19 related curfew in my area so long evenings to fill...). The new one came in a spare parts lot I bought some years ago so I'm not fully sure it's an Amphibia one--actually I had two in the lot and I couldn't put the tension ring inside the first one.

It took me a couple of tries but finally fitted the new glass--I heard a loud click sound that made me check whether I had cracked the new glass. It seems OK, well fitted with no imbalance. However the height of the watch is now 14.7mm vs. 15mm for my two other 150 SE. Is this signifiant and can it have an impact on the water resistance of the watch? It's spending the next few days in a glass of water to test the WR but obviously it's not a very reliable test.

Thanks for views and opinions.
Doubt that it'll have any effect on the WR, so long as it's fits tight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is the story of an unexpected mod.
I bought a used Amphibia with a Favinov dial and matching hands, because I liked it and I thought it woult fit into my Vostok collection. But a little later, I discovered a fault in the movement and I decided to convert it into a manual winding version, by completely removing the automatic mechanism.
A 060 case, that I bought for another modding project, which I couldn´t carry out anymore, (because the watch I needed therefor, is temporarily not available ) together with a flat case back, a new second hand and a bezel which I allready had, completed my new mod.
This is the result:
P1150042.JPG

P1150044.JPG

P1150045.JPG

Watch: pre owned (private seller)
Dial and hands: obviously "favinov"
Second hand: "raffles-time"
Case: 060 "Komandirskie.com"
Strap: "ceapestnatostraps"
Bezel: "Vostok-Watches24"
I do really wonder, why the 060 case is used so rarely ....

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I’m new to Vostock and the mods but I have modded a handful of Seikos. I’m wondering if you can help me source a new bezel insert for a watch that I have incoming.
I would prefer a black 24 Hour insert but would be open to a new complete Bezel and insert if that makes things easier. I’ve looked through eBay but didn’t find anything and I’m not sure where to look next. Any pointers or helpful hints would be welcome too.

I may also replace the crystal while it’s apart but have no idea what the measurements are yet.

The watch in question is the Komandirskie 650546, it measures 41mm. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello and welcome!
Here you will find all you need:

Good luck !!!

481 - 500 of 518 Posts