WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not really much of a mod, but I had this old Vostok with a beaten up, rusty dial. I've just popped in a spare Sector dial I had and some old Slava hands as the originals were black and couldn't be see against the dial. The original second hand snapped as I was removing it - loosing it's tail, but I put it back and it looks not too bad.

I'm missing one of the screws that holds the metal band round the movement if anyone knows where I can get one from please?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not really much of a mod, but I had this old Vostok with a beaten up, rusty dial. I've just popped in a spare Sector dial I had and some old Slava hands as the originals were black and couldn't be see against the dial. The original second hand snapped as I was removing it - loosing it's tail, but I put it back and it looks not too bad.

I'm missing one of the screws that holds the metal band round the movement if anyone knows where I can get one from please?

Are you in Epsom UK? If so happy to send you one, often got a few as spares when ordering from Meranom as a pain to source otherwise.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Are you in Epsom UK? If so happy to send you one, often got a few as spares when ordering from Meranom as a pain to source otherwise.
Thanks Tev_L that would be very handy. I'll drop you a pm if I may? Yes, Epsom based.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My second mod ever.... And second in a week!
This is so addictive.....

I'm not totally convinced by the foil hour markers... I think they need to be more 3d.
Not sure if I will find a different dial for it yet.
What bezel is that? Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
My second mod ever.... And second in a week!
This is so addictive.....

I'm not totally convinced by the foil hour markers... I think they need to be more 3d.
Not sure if I will find a different dial for it yet.
What bezel is that? Looks great

Thank you! Bezel and insert from one second closer. "The Shark one...." Insert is "the scandi one..."

·
Registered
218 Posts
Some awesome mods going on here, thanks for sharing.

Would it be possible to ask which companies people use for parts? I'm a fan of Meranom; One Second Closer; ChistopolCity and; Komandirskie.com but it would be good to know of any others please?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Postie delivered a new dial to me, today, so I had to find something to fit it to.:)

120 case, brushed
Crown - meranom
Hand set- favinov
Gilt ring
Bezel from an 020 case
Zulu diver strap.

I am not a fan of the 120 case, nor Nato straps, so this is well likely to change. :-d

Steve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some awesome mods going on here, thanks for sharing.

Would it be possible to ask which companies people use for parts? I'm a fan of Meranom; One Second Closer; ChistopolCity and; Komandirskie.com but it would be good to know of any others please?

Soviet.market has a great inventory.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Transplanted signed clasp to Chinese sharkmesh. Filed off the top of the pin holding the keeper on and then punched it through. I might go back in and redo that side as I took one too many links out and there is lateral movement between the clasp and bracelet on that side, not to mention looking a little strange. Anyway I used the original pin fed through the mesh bracelet and peened it over on the other side. The clasp mechanism did not function with the mesh initially so I also had to bend that portion out so it could clear the new band and engage.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The Postie delivered a new dial to me, today, so I had to find something to fit it to.:)

120 case, brushed
Crown - meranom
Hand set- favinov
Gilt ring
Bezel from an 020 case
Zulu diver strap.

I am not a fan of the 120 case, nor Nato straps, so this is well likely to change. :-d

Steve.
Agreed. NATO straps are the mark of someone who can't be arsed to finish the job, hate the blasted things. Years ago I loved the chunky leather NATO's they looked great in pictures, and almost every diver pic in WUS sported one........but the pics where taken off the wrist, total pants on the wrist, an abysmal abomination. And the nylon ones are pure cheap junk, like the replacement straps you coud get back in the 70's from any Army stores...which is basically all they are, junk.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Been taking a break but found time to dremel this bracelet on my Vostok. Scored the lumed ceramic insert for 20 bucks because it has a small crack in the pip triangle but its almost exactly in the middle so it dont bother me. Been on my wrist for almost a month now 24/7 showers sleeping everything and its about 1 minute fast after all that time. Took a lot of hits too! My favorite watch by far.

gFIbe5Z.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Meranom used to have a lot more spare parts to sell back in the days (last time I checked was about a year and a half ago). Is that the new normal, or has this also to do with the situation? I lost the movement rotor screw of one of my project watches, and it's been hard finding a replacement.

61 - 80 of 190 Posts