WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Meranom used to have a lot more spare parts to sell back in the days (last time I checked was about a year and a half ago). Is that the new normal, or has this also to do with the situation? I lost the movement rotor screw of one of my project watches, and it's been hard finding a replacement.
From what I've been told, the Vostok factory is still closed so spare parts in stock everywhere else will be a finite quantity until things resume.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Piranha build done. 119 case. 2414 movement. Heat treated smooth bezel. Stock Komandirskie hands with lume removed. (Yes. I have a choice on many after market hands on hand. These just complimented the case and doesn’t take away from the dial). Handmade leather NATO strap. I’m not 100% set on the second hand. I’ll see if it grows on me.

Let me add. If you are going to put this bezel on a 119 case. Be committed. It’s “nearly” impossible to get it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can somebody tell me the weight difference between metal movement holders and plastic?
Do the metal movement holders add much weight to the watch?
I like a heavy watch and have some metal holders on order from Russia that are holding up my mods!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Piranha build done. 119 case. 2414 movement. Heat treated smooth bezel. Stock Komandirskie hands with lume removed. (Yes. I have a choice on many after market hands on hand. These just complimented the case

Let me add. If you are going to put this bezel on a 119 case. Be committed. It’s “nearly” impossible to get it off.
Yes ... 119 case rules... great job ...
by using a „pictured“ dial the hand selection is always a pain...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Found also a very nice 119 case into the deep space of www

Not sure yet ...
some experiments with a glowing Dude...

144F4C7A-69A2-40A0-96BE-5B7C23DDF2D2.jpeg

59FE5CDD-5A18-44BC-9A23-7C8272FFF68C.jpeg

Meanwhile using the „Dremel Method“ to extend the lugs to 20mm .. Looks better and suitable for most straps.
Opens the range of 119 extremely IMHO
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
78030D24-D8DF-4DF4-85F1-B2314F61FB88.jpeg

Also I tried a sandwich dial.. mmh.. not sure yet.. happy about or not...

7743FF0F-283B-42D6-87C4-50B3C840B0C8.jpeg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Doctone- you milling that stock bezel to become an insert? I have wanted to do that forever! Just haven't got a mill.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Glad to see the thread back up and running. Hopefully everyone is staying safe and healthy.
A.Sev, what a stunning opener! That bezel is incredible.

I reworked this 150 that I torched a few months ago.
I thought the heat treatment was too dark so I sanded some of it back to stainless with 3M pad.
Got a bezel from Meranom and torched and sanded that.
Toasted the dial I found on ebay so the lume is nice and brown.
Toasting the hands from raffles-time didn't do much, so I painted them with acrylic paint to match.
Hand-winder, flat case back.

IMG_8059.JPG
IMG_8064.JPG
IMG_8061.JPG

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad to see the thread back up and running. Hopefully everyone is staying safe and healthy.
A.Sev, what a stunning opener! That bezel is incredible.

I reworked this 150 that I torched a few months ago.
I thought the heat treatment was too dark so I sanded some of it back to stainless with 3M pad.
Got a bezel from Meranom and torched and sanded that.
Toasted the dial I found on ebay so the lume is nice and brown.
Toasting the hands from raffles-time didn't do much, so I painted them with acrylic paint to match.
Hand-winder, flat case back.

View attachment 15236229
View attachment 15236231
View attachment 15236233
Love the case and bezel. I have heat treated a 150 case before as well. Love the look!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Doctone- you milling that stock bezel to become an insert? I have wanted to do that forever! Just haven't got a mill.
Old Guy in the neighborhood with turning lathe staying in his garage, done it in some minutes.
Then I sent for PVD coating.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Reworked my Moose dial. Blued all around it then brushed some bluing off for a more rustic/vintage look. Before and after pics. Much happier with the after.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 146 Posts