WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks good - did you relume the hands/dial yourself?
Yes, this time I did it by myself, the dots leave a bit to be desired, but the lumious paint ( Dr. Ranfft) is bulletproof and long lasting. It is solvent-based, and will attack the coating of vintage Ampibia dials. (see picture below, the lume dots converted to blue after application.

IMG_0579 (1).jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Waiting for some parts to arrive so I decided to improve some of my older mods, e.g. my Planet Vostok White Orange:
  • bezel with orange-silver insert from vostok-watches24
  • Neptune second hand, also from vostok-watches24
  • massive stainless steel strap with butterfly clasp - it came unexpectedly with a Komandirskie 020739 from komandirskie.com; it seems, thankfully they had run out of these cheap original Vostok straps at the time of my order

·
Registered
607 Posts

Meranom solid link bracelets are great but polished center links do not fit every watch. I've tried a few methods but by far the best so far is using Garryflex abrasive blocks. It's a solid but still flexible block that allows for a lot control. Still needs a steady hand but it's possible to achieve factory finish and two grits is all that's needed, maybe even just one depending on desired finish. Much, much better than scotch brite pads in my experience.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've tried a few methods but by far the best so far is using Garryflex abrasive blocks. It's a solid but still flexible block that allows for a lot control. Much, much better than scotch brite pads in my experience.
Would you tell me what grit did you use?

·
Registered
607 Posts
60 grit for this one to match the existing finish but it's not the same as 60 grit sandpaper. Basically 60 and 120 grit garryflex is all you'll need. I did another one with 60 first and then finished with 120 for finer brushing and it came out great. It gives that "white" look to the steel unlike scotchbrite that leaves darker lines/spots.

·
Registered
905 Posts
650 Cased / 2414 Blue Starburst Sniper Dial Mod.

Favinov Blue Starburst Dial with Blue Lume.
One Second Closer Bezel - Black PVD
Ebay Bezel Insert with Blue Lume.
Rear Cover - Sternkreuz 362-325.
Rat Leather Strap from China.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't really like gree watches, this is the reason I sold my Neptune, but somehow i decided to do another mod, which surprisingly I like. The dial came from komandirskie site, the hands from the original tonneau Vostok watch, the bezel from Meranome, all the parts were assembled in 270 case, also called the small octagonal case.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I don't really like gree watches, this is the reason I sold my Neptune, but somehow i decided to do another mod, which surprisingly I like. The dial came from komandirskie site, the hands from the original tonneau Vostok watch, the bezel from Meranome, all the parts were assembled in 270 case, also called the small octagonal case.

View attachment 15797545
I'm pretty sure that this dial is actually quite rare. I think it's from an early non-auto Ministry case. Wonderful (y) :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm pretty sure that this dial is actually quite rare. I think it's from an early non-auto Ministry case. Wonderful (y) :D
Yes, this is the rare dial, which used to be used in a 710 Soviet ministry case with manual 2414 with 17 jewels movement. I have the old ministry watch, but not the exact case in the picture (taken from this forum), it is a next-generation, so I wanted to use that case, but then opted for a different case which I had.

·
Registered
905 Posts
1001 - 1020 of 1079 Posts