WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hell, unexpected work. Odyssey at it best.
In the end of the day a nice day on the terrace and garden ...

D82B0030-2350-4C06-A60C-763139F70AD2.jpeg

Received a Dial, whole plastic piece
Removed glued plastic foil means „Back“ of Dial.
By using an old dial a new „Back“ created by Dremel thinner to get proper height.

D9A3E456-1BE2-4BCF-BA5C-81951E652925.jpeg

Clear lacquer to get structure

8CDEDB8F-5663-4455-B3E8-9015C3CE4548.jpeg

Painted New „Back“ white ... then add proper lumen

Also hands new lumen . Took Hands by raffle and painted it

2EFD67A1-31BE-4740-A410-06104EB4457B.jpeg

55661131-710F-4AD0-8AB6-7A694D296539.jpeg

C3824C4E-08CE-4B07-8C82-08C42167288A.jpeg

D3849D82-43B8-49CD-AF5C-FDD8A19E162D.jpeg

·
Registered
656 Posts
Put this together recently with some spare parts lying around.
I like this stock 020 bezel on the 100 case, but of course I had to brush it (too shiny)
Brushed the plastic insert as well, so now it has a softer, matte finish.

88546C9D-53A3-48D8-B27D-D3CECD0677EC.jpeg

EF090E59-D3B5-48E7-9A1E-3D4F87431B68.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hell, unexpected work. Odyssey at it best.
In the end of the day a nice day on the terrace and garden ...

View attachment 15238081

Received a Dial, whole plastic piece
Removed glued plastic foil means „Back“ of Dial.
By using an old dial a new „Back“ created by Dremel thinner to get proper height.

View attachment 15238109

Clear lacquer to get structure

View attachment 15238121

Painted New „Back“ white ... then add proper lumen

Also hands new lumen . Took Hands by raffle and painted it

View attachment 15238125

View attachment 15238129

View attachment 15238131

View attachment 15238137
the source of the dial is vostokmod.com ? And I wonder why you need to change the lume?
I also intend to buy sandwich dial from him but I ve no abilities like you.. So I wonder if I can directly insert it on the movement as it is

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
the source of the dial is vostokmod.com ? And I wonder why you need to change the lume?
I also intend to buy sandwich dial from him but I ve no abilities like you.. So I wonder if I can directly insert it on the movement as it is

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Yes source is correct .

Like described on supplier homepage ..you can use without the date application.
The dial is full plastic, no Metall, also no dial pins. On back side the dial there is glued tape for fixing

Lumen I Always change to higher quality - independent of supplier ..

Why ? mmh ... because ... there is a minor difference
11F5A5BD-8D27-46F1-892E-635FA7B39B52.jpeg

F571322E-0B80-4EE2-9673-029934468AB4.jpeg

7C8CA2E0-D582-466A-A86F-8DA7962378F6.jpeg

Maybe to be clear and fair independent of supplier ...vs. Seiko Stock also

D6AA48AD-F374-43E3-92EF-BCDEE9219599.jpeg

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Lovely! Is that an SE or a mod? And where is the bracelet from?
Thanks. Its a mod that I first built a while ago with a modified 710 case....but it now has different hands (Favinov and OSC), a modified T1 bezel with a modified insert.. and I've re-worked the bracelet end links to an almost zero gap. The president bracelet is from Tools852, you will need custom end links and a lot of patience to file them to suit. The 22mm president end links are available from ebay.uk seller Daj317 (David Anthony Vintage).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Insomnia build.
Started with laying in bed thinking about a couple 2416 movements sitting in a drawer for over a year that didn’t work. Started fiddling with one. Ended up being the balance wheel.

I then had my eye on an old Amphibian case I had cerakoted in a dull brass color that I never liked. Sanded it down to give a worn look. Took silver stock Amphibian hands and aged them along with a custom brass Elk dial.
Added a Komandirskie brass bezel that I blued. New Amphibian case back to accommodate the rotor along with a new handmade leather NATO strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apologies in advance for the elementary question but alas I am a total noob in the ways of Vostok mods. In any event, I recently received (from Meranom) a Neptune SE 960743 (Orange Dial variant) and was wondering where I can source replacement bezel inserts?

Incidentally, I find the Meranom website exceedingly difficult to navigate therefore if any particular member suggests their website please provide the direct link. Would be great if anyone knows of any aftermarket options as well!

·
Registered
104 Posts
You need to get bezels that accept inserts. The bezel that comes with the Neptune SE is a single-piece one like all of the other standard Vostok bezels.

The bezels and inserts are found from a few places, like on eBay. If you search for "vostok bezel insert" you will get a load of results to start with, or this bezel insert for example from One Second Closer which may complement the orange version you've got.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I saw lots of different dials for mostly chinese movements .. the size is 28,5.. I wonder if you tried them or I d like to get your opinion if I can use 28,5 mm dial for Vostok watches ?

·
Registered
545 Posts
In the last revival thread (pre-rerevivaling?) I asked for advice on a tropic strap for my 24 hr antimagnetic LE. I decided to try the one from Cheapest Nato Straps and, after the wait for it to arrive from Sweden, and the boiling water trick, I’m very pleased. This watch came to me on the mesh, which I liked, but the tropic is much more comfortable and gives the watch a more (dare I say) cool badass look. What do you think, tovarischi?
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to get bezels that accept inserts. The bezel that comes with the Neptune SE is a single-piece one like all of the other standard Vostok bezels.

The bezels and inserts are found from a few places, like on eBay. If you search for "vostok bezel insert" you will get a load of results to start with, or this bezel insert for example from One Second Closer which may complement the orange version you've got.
Thanks! Hugely helpful!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I saw lots of different dials for mostly chinese movements .. the size is 28,5.. I wonder if you tried them or I d like to get your opinion if I can use 28,5 mm dial for Vostok watches ?
28,5 suitable also 28.0 as lower limit
on the other side max. limit is 29,2 mm (is the size of 22xx dials,)
means if you are not focussed on date application you have choice of a huge range of dials

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn, the modds I'm planning (hopefully in a couple of months) look like childsplay to many of these... oh, well you've got to start somewhere.

Since I'm a pretty much a noob, I'm also going to ask a (maybe) dumb question: there are a lot of Seiko and other dials on aliexpress and elsewhere that would fit in a Vostok sizewise; but I think - or am I wrong - there are small pins on the back of the dial that fixate it to the movement? If these "pins" wouldn't fit, could one hack them off and attach the dial to the movement with adhesive strips or dots I've heard about? If one could do that, I would love to put this dial in a Vostok case:

...or some other Seiko or other dials.

EDIT: I've also decided to bring my question from the other thread here, I think here's more fitting:

While we're on the topic - I'm trying to put some watches together myself... I know that only specific Vostok (and other Russian brands?) hour and minute hands fit on a Vostok movement, but is it the same for the seconds hand, too? Cause I've seen some interesting seconds hands for Miyotas, Seikos and so on on the internet...

101 - 120 of 146 Posts