WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1341 - 1360 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just some basic thoughts of mine ...
What is the purpose of this all?
I mean the forum, the community, the members and all the participants of this thread.
My personal opinion is: We are all teachers and pupils in one person. We meet each other in places like this, to share informations, to take and to give experience, because we are all (or should be) enthusiasts in Vostok modding.
Some participants obiously do not think so and break the chain, just to pamper their own ego. They do (my opinion again) abuse this thread to brag about their stuff, take all the information they can get and give a da** sh** to those, who try to be a part of the community as it should be.
Most interresting is, that these people nevertheless get rewarded for their selfish behavior.
So, is this then the real purpose of this all?
Just to make it clear, I don´t want to set any "rules" and I don´t want to "educate" anyone, I just had some basic thoughts about a (hopefully) very small group in this community which concerns me quite a lot, because of its destructive power and the demotivating effect it might have to others.
For my part, I´m already very, very demotivated and also much more disappointed !
I do agree that certain members purposefully hide information for reasons uknown to me. Without going much into that, I also do understand why people mostly just post pictures as well. Sometimes I do it too as a lot of the time I don't feel my mods are special enough that somebody would want to know where I got this or that. I try to post info whenever I can remember and will always answer any questions. I feel that's enough and the entire list of parts shouldn't be mandatory with every post or something like that. Thankfully, the rude members seem like a very small minority so no reason to be demotivated :)

·
152 Posts
I also do understand why people mostly just post pictures as well.
I agree with that too (but I don't agree that your mods aren't special enough)
Especially in this case, it is about very special parts and the antisocial behavior around it.
As a member of a community, we also have an obligation in it, which is my understanding, to be a part of something.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,479 Posts
By the way:
What does it mean "made to order"?
If you have made this hands and they are made to order, then you must be a dealer!
Maybe he's withholding that information out of respect for our site Sponsors and Management (Mods and Admin). We often close the accounts of dealers and manufacturers who come here to advertise and promote their goods and services without permission. Please respect kopos' wishes to remain out of the limelight.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do you have the dimensions of this smooth bezel?
I want to create a list of bezel dimensions.
Sometimes, sellers do not provide accurate dimensions.
I'm sorry I can't mesurate it by myself.

Mesures from komandiskie are

Безель из нержавеющей стали брашировка "Лысый" Диаметр 38 мм., высота 4,2 мм
Верхняя плоская часть 2 мм,

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I want to Do the "brass mod" on a Komandirskie. Unfortunately my favourite dial is only available with the TiN coating. I know chrome Can easily be etched away, but how about the TiN coating?
When the coating is gone I will try to etch it with the "Adler" etchant we got at work. It brings out the microstructure of the material.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Happy weekend, minor modification on this 170865, bracelet from meranom and smooth bezel from komandiskie.

Hey! that looks great! How does your endlinks fits? - Mine does not fit as I was hoping for - I did ask for endlinks for old 150 case, but as I see how nicely yours fits the case, it looks like Meranom sent me endlinks for a new 150

it's a pity that no one makes solid end links... it would be a killer combo with this case

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are no end links for newer style 150/170, at least that's what Dmitry told me. Now if you buy a 150/170 endlink they ship you the universal straight one. Maybe that has changed, like they changed it for the 710 as well without saying anything (the 710 link you buy now will NOT fit 710SE models with brushed case).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey! that looks great! How does your endlinks fits? - Mine does not fit as I was hoping for - I did ask for endlinks for old 150 case, but as I see how nicely yours fits the case, it looks like Meranom sent me endlinks for a new 150
View attachment 15989757

it's a pity that no one makes solid end links... it would be a killer combo with this case
Hi my endlinks fits perfectly, and I think there are not available anymore but I didn't know that end links for new 150 cases were available.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are no end links for newer style 150/170, at least that's what Dmitry told me. Now if you buy a 150/170 endlink they ship you the universal straight one. Maybe that has changed, like they changed it for the 710 as well without saying anything (the 710 link you buy now will NOT fit 710SE models with brushed case).
Yeah, I forgot that there are no endlinks for new 150 case...

Hi my endlinks fits perfectly, and I think there are not available anymore but I didn't know that end links for new 150 cases were available.

I've ordered endlinks for 150 and 650 cases from meranom in february and all of them doesnt fit properly... WTH Meranom?!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Sunday morning mod:

• 710 case, with stainless signed crown, smaller smooth bezel, and lo-rise / manual wind caseback.
  • 2414 movement with date wheel delete.
  • "silver paddel hands new style PAAR25"
  • second hand clipped for pinion cap style
  • "Dial 458 VOSTOK AMPHIBIA sandwich black SuperLumiNova"
  • "22mm, white stitched AVIATOR leather strap for VOSTOK watches, calfskin, ARM-LD22-02"
All parts sourced from vostok-watches24.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I want to Do the "brass mod" on a Komandirskie. Unfortunately my favourite dial is only available with the TiN coating. I know chrome Can easily be etched away, but how about the TiN coating?
When the coating is gone I will try to etch it with the "Adler" etchant we got at work. It brings out the microstructure of the material.
I think you meant "case" not "dial", right? Which case are you looking for? AFAIK all cases that are available with TiN coating are available with chrome coating, too. I have tried to rid a TiN coated case of its coating and cannot recommend trying it. It is extremely hard to get off. In the end, I threw away the case, bought a chromed one and put it in acid. Done.

Reactions: Rista

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think you meant "case" not "dial", right? Which case are you looking for? AFAIK all cases that are available with TiN coating are available with chrome coating, too. I have tried to rid a TiN coated case of its coating and cannot recommend trying it. It is extremely hard to get off. In the end, I threw away the case, bought a chromed one and put it in acid. Done.
No, I am talking about dials. I have noticed that some dials are only available in combination with TiN coating. After all I am not quite sure which combination of case and dial would be my final favourite. Knowing that TiN is difficult to remove reduces my choice down to two dials. One white and the green.

·
Registered
130 Posts
OK, sorry for misunderstanding you. I had never heard of a TiN coated dial so I thought you were looking for a special case. Anyway, why don't you just buy two Komandirskies, one with your preferred dial and one with your preferred chromed case and just swap the interiors after dechroming the case. They are so cheap, expecially when you buy them from a Russian dealer like Komandirskie or Meranom. You can sell the other one afterwards.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Reworking time...
The interior combo - 2415B, 659 dial, hands from Raffles and Favinov (sec.) - went from a dechromed brass case into these all-steel surroundings, consisting of a brushed 150 case, Antarktika caseback, Komandirskie T2-9 bezel and massive IWC style strap from Ali. And it will stay there.

1341 - 1360 of 1546 Posts