WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1361 - 1380 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Sunday morning mod:

View attachment 15991647

View attachment 15991648

• 710 case, with stainless signed crown, smaller smooth bezel, and lo-rise / manual wind caseback.
  • 2414 movement with date wheel delete.
  • "silver paddel hands new style PAAR25"
  • second hand clipped for pinion cap style
  • "Dial 458 VOSTOK AMPHIBIA sandwich black SuperLumiNova"
  • "22mm, white stitched AVIATOR leather strap for VOSTOK watches, calfskin, ARM-LD22-02"
All parts sourced from vostok-watches24.
Ha, had the same idea since I've bought the watch, unfortunately my modding skills are very limited -or I just don't have the courage yet to do it :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Ha, had the same idea since I've bought the watch, unfortunately my modding skills are very limited -or I just don't have the courage yet to do it :)
Seriously Ligavesh, there is a bit of a learning curve but it is not that hard and I know you must have some beater vostoks you can practice on. Give it a shot comrade you know we well help you if you run into a problem (y)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Seriously Ligavesh, there is a bit of a learning curve but it is not that hard and I know you must have some beater vostoks you can practice on. Give it a shot comrade you know we well help you if you run into a problem (y)
will do, it's been just harder to find the time lately - I sometimes think I'll get a chance to start modding/other watch stuff when I retire o_O

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
GreyBlackOrange:

710 case, Orca caseback, Komandirskie crown and Arkustime bezel sandblasted and dark grey PVD coated. Miyota dial from Ali. Second hand from Komandirskie.com, painted orange. Black arrow hands from Peter (Vostok-watches24), lume painted orange. Bezel insert from OSC.

·
Registered
239 Posts
GreyBlackOrange:
View attachment 15997568
710 case, Orca caseback, Komandirskie crown and Arkustime bezel sandblasted and dark grey PVD coated. Miyota dial from Ali. Second hand from Komandirskie.com, painted orange. Black arrow hands from Peter (Vostok-watches24), lume painted orange. Bezel insert from OSC.
Niiiiice!
You fix the dial onto the movement by glueing it on? Just curious...BTW did I say niiiiiice already? ;-)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Niiiiice!
You fix the dial onto the movement by glueing it on? Just curious...BTW did I say niiiiiice already? ;-)
Yes, you did! 😂 Thanks, mate!
I used dial dots to fix the dial on the movement. In the past, I even used double sided photo stickers on other mods. Works as well, but I don't know how long the glue on these stickers will last. Time will tell...

Reactions: Dirthitter

·
Registered
130 Posts
Leftovers today:
"Red Star Sandwich"

I found the inner parts (2414A with a well-(self-)made sandwich dial, incl. lume) in the classified ads the other day. Installed standard Komandirskie hands, put it into an old 420 case and equipped it with a stainless steel crown, an old aluminum(?) and plastic bezel and a vintage leather strap, all parts from my box. Love to wear it now.

·
Registered
Vostok
58 Posts
Giving a 150 brushed stainless steel case some age. Vintage Boctok dial. Ranger hands that have been sanded and aged. Two toned leather strap that I made. Heat treated bezel with custom brass insert.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Giving a 150 brushed stainless steel case some age. Vintage Boctok dial. Ranger hands that have been sanded and aged. Two toned leather strap that I made. Heat treated bezel with custom brass insert.
Your creations are always absolutely impressive! Perfect and beautiful combination from bezel to strap!(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
Vostok
58 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Worked on my brass mods recently....
"BlueBrass Automatic" (final version):

Put dial and hands from a Komandirskie 811398 on a 2416B, added a red SE/Neptune second hand and stuffed everything into an old dechromed Amphibia brass case with my favourite brass bezel and an Orca stainless steel caseback.

·
Registered
Vostok
58 Posts
Dirty Spartan build. Classic Amphibian case cerakoted in Dark Tungsten then given an aged/dirty look. Custom Spartan brass dial that I aged and lumed. Stainless steel stock Vostok bezel that I aged and was reworked on a lathe to fit and make into a smooth bezel. Hands were gloss black. Sanded 90% of the black off down to brass and left as is. New 2414 movement. New handmade leather strap in marine green color.

And on a side note. Received my new leather skiver. Or as I used to call them for the 7 years I was a Corrections Officer. My new shank.

Attachments

·
Registered
Vostok
58 Posts
Worked on my brass mods recently....
"BlueBrass Automatic" (final version):
View attachment 16006044
Put dial and hands from a Komandirskie 811398 on a 2416B, added a red SE/Neptune second hand and stuffed everything into an old dechromed Amphibia brass case with my favourite brass bezel and an Orca stainless steel caseback.
Very nice!!!

1361 - 1380 of 1546 Posts