·
Registered
239 Posts
Simple bezel mod on my 420660 II:

Took this insert from another bezel and took this bezel:

Obviously 420-stock bezel, some glue

and got this

On the watch it looks like this

Not bad. AccAccidently the color of the hour hand matches pretty well the color of the bezel.
Why this effort? Issues with the teal bezel: insert peeled of. Had to glue it back on. But after that the bezel did not fit anymore. Was/is slightly bent. It would stuck after a few degrees of turning. Have to "de" bent it. Until then the ersatzbezel has to do the job. Hrmpf

Edit wants to add, that the inward angle of the insert seems to fit perfectly the angle of the stock Vostok bezel and the a gle of the downslope of the crystal:

Attachments

·
Registered
Vostok
58 Posts
View attachment 16008186
View attachment 16008191
View attachment 16008193
and got this
View attachment 16008195
View attachment 16008196
Not bad. AccAccidently the color of the hour hand matches pretty well the color of the bezel.
Why this effort? Issues with the teal bezel: insert peeled of. Had to glue it back on. But after that the bezel did not fit anymore. Was/is slightly bent. It would stuck after a few degrees of turning. Have to "de" bent it. Until then the ersatzbezel has to do the job. Hrmpf

Edit wants to add, that the inward angle of the insert seems to fit perfectly the angle of the stock Vostok bezel and the a gle of the downslope of the crystal:
View attachment 16008215
View attachment 16008186
View attachment 16008191
View attachment 16008193
and got this
View attachment 16008195
View attachment 16008196

View attachment 16008215
Nice mod. I’m a huge fan of putting the inserts on top. I like seeing the edge.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is the money shot.

The way the top surface of the bezel meets the crystal validates this 'crude' approach over some more refined techniques.
😂😂"Crude approach" is a very gentle phrase. I would called it something more drastically. Thank You very much for your kindness👍😁
On the other hand I am really thinking about doing the same again with different inserts. I like the outcome. Even got the idea instead of glueing inserts on to attach them with tiny screws. But this would need really precise working to place the screws exactly where the belong to. This deters me a bit...

·
Registered
Vostok
58 Posts
Dirthitter, I’m with you on the inserts sitting on top look. I’ve always thought it looks cool. Something different. And I like different. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dirthitter, I’m with you on the inserts sitting on top look. I’ve always thought it looks cool. Something different. And I like different. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
"And I like different. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️" Not qiute that obvoius;)
BTW: Like the blue case(y) How did you made it blue? Paint? Or has it something to do with weird chemistry like galvanizing or so?

·
Registered
25 Posts
mechanism: 2414, removed calendar ring
dial: 30mm from aliexpress, grinded down to 28,2 mm, glued
hands: standard amphibia from meranom
bezel: komandirski 43, dechromed, forced patina on numerals
crown: stainless crown for amphibia from meranom
case: 70, dechromed
caseback: standard classic komandirski, grinded, satin
strap: canvas from aliexpress
buckle: some generic stainless one with added satine :)
3 changes to the above:
1) case: 921, dechromed (gold tension ring)
2) caseback: manual wind with glass from ebay
3) strap: brown canvas from aliexpress

·
Registered
25 Posts

werk: 2416B, converted to manual wind
dial: aliexpress, glued
hands: komandirskie stock gold minute and hour (aged) + stock amphibia second hand
bezel: 811, dechromed and grinded
crown: stock crown from this model(?)
case: ? anyone knows?, dechromed
caseback: standard classic komandirski, grinded, satin
strap: nylon/canvas from aliexpress
buckle: komandirskie classic, satine

No patina:

Yes patina :)

1381 - 1400 of 1546 Posts