WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an affordable diver and I love the Vostok Amphibian *$45 Shipped*. And I was wondering how their reliability was and are they really a diver watch *i mean, should I be able to not worry if I go for a swim in a pool?*. Do these make good everyday watches? Thanks everyone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's great watch. No problems with it. 45$ and that's all...

Don't take watch with glass back. It's not for dive. Only for few seconds...

·
Registered
668 Posts
I am looking for an affordable diver and I love the Vostok Amphibian *$45 Shipped*. And I was wondering how their reliability was and are they really a diver watch *i mean, should I be able to not worry if I go for a swim in a pool?*. Do these make good everyday watches? Thanks everyone!!
Where can you find that for $45 shipped? :think:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You can count on it! The Amphibia case is really 20 Atm resistant. No fear to dive with it |>|>

(do not forget to screw down the crown however :oops:)

Many training sessions at the swimming pool since a year and soon real diving (next week end...). One of my preferred watch.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to get this watch from a seller named bel-mart on Ebay. They have many watches to choose from with good prices and low shipping. The vostok I ordered was 40 with only 5 shipping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Amphibias are the best bargain going!

I have dived to >25m with several of mine with no problems; just make sure the crown is screwed down and that the rubber back seal is present (!) and in good shape.

A 31 jewel automatic for £29? Bargain! Buy several... I did....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, what are some other Russian brands who make automatic watches for this same price range (40-60 Us) dollars? Also, a side question, since I like automatic watches I need to get a watch winder, of the ones I have seen they emphasize that they can go 3-4 different directions. Is there a preferred direction I should let my watches spin? LOL

·
Registered
780 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts