WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Who can explain this "hype", it is an absolutly misterious run on "radio room operator" amfibias. :think: I did win one of mercjeeps auctions on eBay and got one for 80 pound (image later). Thats a realy high price and I was thinking about if I should bid or not for a long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who can explain this "hype", it is an absolutly misterious run on "radio room operator" amfibias. :think: I did win one of mercjeeps auctions on eBay and got one for 80 pound (image later). Thats a realy high price and I was thinking about if I should bid or not for a long time.
Wow, I need to do a much better job in international searching, have been looking for one for quite awhile and missed out on these! :-s Agree that for a Vostok does seem quite a bit of money but thinking with the demand now you paid a fair price, unlike some asking. I still can't explain to myself why I didnt buy one few years back when they were for sale at real cost all the time!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
That seems like an outragous price.... that's like $250 US!!! plus shipping!!!

I bought one off another member here a short time ago for $100, and I was able to find 2 sales of radio rooms that ook place about a year ago for $100 for NOS ones!!! Further, I can't remember how many posts I've seen form members who said they wouldn't pay over $100 for ANY komandirskie or amphibia vostok.

I ahd posted a question a while ago asking about the prices of these, in which I got afew sponses, a couple of PM's and the offer to buy which i took - and NO ONE ever came within HALF of what this guy is asking!!!

Am I the only one who's shocked?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Forgive me if I caused confusion here. I was refering to DeeDee purchasing one at 80 pounds (about $120 us) as being around what seems to be the current market for these watches. I agree with you totally that 185 pounds ($280 us) does seem totally extreme for any Komandirskie or Amphibia.

That seems like an outragous price.... that's like $250 US!!! plus shipping!!!

I bought one off another member here a short time ago for $100, and I was able to find 2 sales of radio rooms that ook place about a year ago for $100 for NOS ones!!! Further, I can't remember how many posts I've seen form members who said they wouldn't pay over $100 for ANY komandirskie or amphibia vostok.

I ahd posted a question a while ago asking about the prices of these, in which I got afew sponses, a couple of PM's and the offer to buy which i took - and NO ONE ever came within HALF of what this guy is asking!!!

Am I the only one who's shocked?

·
Registered
76 Posts
At the end of last year before the current crop of NOS Radio Rooms appeared on ebay from sellers such as mercjeep, they were going for even more - one sold for over GB£200 then some crazy bought one for GB£333!

Regards

Jon'.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Forgive me if I caused confusion here. I was refering to DeeDee purchasing one at 80 pounds (about $120 us) as being around what seems to be the current market for these watches. I agree with you totally that 185 pounds ($280 us) does seem totally extreme for any Komandirskie or Amphibia.
Oh I'm not saying anything about you my friend. Even $120 I might be able to buy - I mean it's only $20 more than what many pay, and if you REALLY want it and REALLY want it now, then yeah you hav to pay to play as they say... but over $200 is hghway robbery!

I guess I'm a little incensed because it seems to me that this guy is way overpriced and he'll get some buyer who's new to pay this, and essentially they'll get ripped off. THAT is what bothers me.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Things are worth what people will pay for them. I've "overpaid" so to speak for watches I've wanted not out of ignorance, but convenience: a watch I wanted was available and in front of me.

My curiosity stems from the recent volume of availability. The prices and ads would be fair only in so much as these watches were really NOS and not being fabricated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts