WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My enquiry might sound funny for some but well let's go with it. I got recently a komandirskie with 2 o'clock crown b-) but it came without springbars. The lug holes seem quite big so the question is simple: what is the size of the springbar ends vostok uses ? I'd like to avoid damaging the lug holes by using too thin spring bars (I had the case before with old seiko divers and ruining a case for a fu$¨^0'ng springbar is always a pain...).

regards

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Strange question....:roll:

I always used a pair of 18mm springbars from "aftermarket", if I can say so. ;-)
I had no problem, but who knows what a real expert would call a "problem"?

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I tend to use heavy-duty, 1.78mm thick ones, either double-flange, or for heavy-duty jobs, 1.78mm thick double-shoulder which fits between 16mm and 20mm lugs. The latter is very sturdy indeed but can be a bear to remove.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for the answers. In fact I am more interested in the ends diameter. So the diameter of the springbar part that goes into the hole. During fitting the strap I realized that the holes on the case are quite big (1-1.1 mm I guess). The first pringbar I used was with double flange and goes alsmost completely in the hole... I got some others a bit thicker but definitively would like to know the (ends) diameter of real vostok bars.

Brice

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Out of curiosity I grabbed the puniest 18mm double-flange spring bar and a spare Vostok case, and it fits quite well without the flanges disappearing into the holes; the only weakness is the spring bar itself, and I personally cannot see how spring bars of smaller end diameters would cause problems, as long as they are not excessively small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts