WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am negotiating on this, any info / knowledge appreciated, thanks, specifically approximate age and uniqueness of model? It kind of reminds of a Swatch...Or if you have a link to a catalogue, I am happy to search myself. Gracias!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If I had to make a guess, I would say it is a Type 179 case with considerable wear on the Titanium-Nitride coating. I am unaware of the correct dial code.

Date of manufacture I would put at very late 80's and very early 90's.

I appears to have the correct 17 Jewel Vostok 2409A movement. I would say the hands are correct as the dial is not lumed.

Not that rare in this condition, so I wouldn't pay too much, however if it's calling to you then go with your heart.

Here is a similar case example from the 1992 catalog.

Vostok Komandirskie 1992 (13).jpg

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
They are quite nice looking pieces, I got one instead of something else and kicked off at seller for the mistake and he partially refunded me and said keep it... I was "oh well that's all right then" hehe

Its part of my Vostok collection but is in the bottom of the display case with the three Commanders and other non military Vostoks and never worn it as it just didn't gel with me :S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts