WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the net i have found a VREMEX repair manual and Poljot catalog.
Unfortunately I have not kept track of who uploaded them on the neto|

Original source of the Poljot Catalog: http://issuu.com/soviet-watches/docs/poljot_catalog_1977 by Vneshizdat

The VREMEX Watch Repair Manual is in russian. It is very simple to read thanks to the numerous drawings and short text. There isn't the publication date, should be in the early eighties.
The movements are: zaria 2014, luch 1814, Boctok 2214, 2428, Paketa 2628H, Poljot 2628H, 3133, Slava 2428A

I have edited a searchable pdf version available here:
vremeks manuale rip.pdf

Then we have a Poljot 1977 catalogue, multilanguage, for the export. We can still find the Strela chrono 3017, nothing about the 3133 chronos.

Poljot 1977.pdf

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Re: VREMEX Repair Manual and a Poljot 1977 katalog

On the net i have found a VREMEX repair manual and Poljot catalog.
Unfortunately I have not kept track of who uploaded them on the neto|

The VREMEX Watch Repair Manual is in russian. It is very simple to read thanks to the numerous drawings and short text. There isn't the publication date, should be in the early eighties.
The movements are: zaria 2014, luch 1814, Boctok 2214, 2428, Paketa 2628H, Poljot 2628H, 3133, Slava 2428A

I have edited a searchable pdf version available here:
vremeks manuale rip.pdf

Then we have a Poljot 1977 catalogue, multilanguage, for the export. We can still find the Strela chrono 3017, nothing about the 3133 chronos.

Poljot 1977.pdf
mchap, thank you so much for sharing the info, and many thanks to the original people who uploaded onto the internet!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

Mchap, sorry for the delay, thank you for the upload! Lot of interesting stuff there.

And that blue 200M Amphibia with special case and bezel is wonderful.

·
Registered
412 Posts

No wonder, 3133 were still restricted to military use only. Btw, no catalogues included sturmanskies or oceans or any other issued watches.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Comrades, this is amazing: Poljot alone produced about 100 different watch models in 1977! Has anyone ever seen Cyrillic 3017 with paddle style hands? Did you see the alarm pocket watch on page 96?

I love this quote from the introduction (p.3 of the catalog):

"The horological industry of the Soviet Union manufactures a wide assortment of wrist, table, wall and alarm watches and clocks. The production of timepieces is based on the employment of up-to-date equipment and progressive production processes. In the recent years V / O „Mashpriborin- torg" exports annually over 12 million watches, clocks and clock movements to 80 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa and America. 2100 repair shops and consultation centers in different countries provide rapid and reliable servicing to Soviet watches and clocks. Soviet timepieces feature accuracy and dependability combined with modern styling."

So does anybody recall Soviet watches exported to America? I think that may be a little exaggeration, or it just refers to the continent, not the USA. This is a treasure Comrade mchap , many thanks! Now I know I will never get them all, I will collect until I die!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Comrade nectarios73, I have bought a Raketa pocket watch new in box (sat in the box since Soviet times in the shop window) from a jeweler in Crete. I have seen Raketas elsewhwere in Greece too, so I think there was export.

Comrade YG1, you mean you have actually seen a real Cyrillic 3017 with paddle hands (not a photo)? Where? Do you HAVE ONE? more info?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

And yes, russian watches were exported to Brazil.
I have purchased my Sekonda 3017 from Mercadolivre, several years ago. There were many other Russians too. But i don't scan Mercadolivre since then.

·
Registered
412 Posts

Comrade YG1, you mean you have actually seen a real Cyrillic 3017 with paddle hands (not a photo)? Where? Do you HAVE ONE? more info?
No, only two and only photos. There was one white-faced for sale at Ukrainian auction some time ago. I wasn't interested in it at that time and didn't buy. Now I somewhat regret it. Didn't save the photos.
Another one, with gilded case and dial, has been shown at 1MChZ exhibition at Moscow Watch Show. Photo below.
Interesting detail about these cyrillic dials is that they lack word "telemeter". This fact makes me think that very limited trial batch of these was produced otherwise they would have fixed this.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

No, only two and only photos. There was one white-faced for sale at Ukrainian auction some time ago. I wasn't interested in it at that time and didn't buy. Now I somewhat regret it. Didn't save the photos.
Another one, with gilded case and dial, has been shown at 1MChZ exhibition at Moscow Watch Show. Photo below.
Interesting detail about these cyrillic dials is that they lack word "telemeter". This fact makes me think that very limited trial batch of these was produced otherwise they would have fixed this.
Never seen this before. Nice!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Very interesting pictures, thanks Comrade. Now one of us has to find the watch.... There is the earlier type non luminous dial with ΠΟΛΕΤ in Comrade Marc Gordon's collection: no. 0404 in ussrtime.com. I even remember the auction...

·
Registered
214 Posts

First of all thank you for making available the catalog. In my post I explicitly wrote that I had not kept track of original source. This is a thing that can happen sometimes.
Publishing the catalog here at WUS has been a way to trace the source.

On the other hand I have contributed several times with catalogs of my property:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/poljot-international-catalogs-1996-1997-1998-2000-a-442907.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/another-catalog-poljot-1992-1993-a-449829.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/tribute-johannes-altmeppen-445476.html
https://www.watchuseek.com/f54/russian-space-history-sothebys-1993-1996-a-477656.html

In other cases I have mentioned the source:
Katolik https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/1977-catalog-poljot-raketa-luch-slava-wostok-molnja-sviet-441257.html

I repeat it, I think that we must to publish the original source and to thank who has made avalaible it.
At the same time it is understandable that sometimes we have not kept track of the source.
WUS is a forum very well attended, who wants to attribute other people's worths doesn't certainly come to do it here.

Now, let me say that in this case you have exaggerated and used an offensive language.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

Demon, sorry very much for the mistake, i speak in name of this forum.
On this forum, as in every place on this world, people commits mistakes in good and bad faith. Of course Mchap was in the first category, he usually mentions the source and probably he did not remember the source of that catalogue.

I will add the credits for your upload. If you want to share something other with us we would be happy, and of course we will be very careful in giving credits to people who uploaded the stuff on the Web.

Thank you very much. |>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts