WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the watch last summer (ETA 2836-2 movement), it worked perfectly for 6 months. About a week ago, it stopped - I shook it again and it started up, and ran fine again. I decided to start hand winding it every morning a few turns, this morning it stopped again. I turned the watch twice, then set it on the table. That was 3 hours ago and it's still running fine. It doesn't seem to be a spring problem, as I hand wound it this morning and with only 2 slight turns it's running fine again.
What other than a winding issue would cause an auto to stop randomly?

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Bought the watch last summer (ETA 2836-2 movement), it worked perfectly for 6 months. About a week ago, it stopped - I shook it again and it started up, and ran fine again. I decided to start hand winding it every morning a few turns, this morning it stopped again. I turned the watch twice, then set it on the table. That was 3 hours ago and it's still running fine. It doesn't seem to be a spring problem, as I hand wound it this morning and with only 2 slight turns it's running fine again.
What other than a winding issue would cause an auto to stop randomly?
a) Don't shake your watch unless you want to chance damaging it.

b) Wind fully.

If neither of the above makes a difference:

c) Take it in for repair and take advantage of any warranty you might have.

PS - What is the watch?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's a Victorinox 24695. I really don't think it has anything to do with a lack of winding, since it it still running 8 hours after maybe one full rotor revolution following a dead stop. It never stopped for 6 months prior, and I wear it everyday with unchanged activity. I guess I'll drop it off and see what they say, but I have a feeling they won't be able to figure it out since it runs perfectly days between inexplicably stopping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts