I bet that the sales folk at the AD can't either

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Synequano

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I own a Kobold.

It makes me queazy just thinking about it.
A Kobold is a small humanoid creature.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I like to see my watches on other people's wrists vs my own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Watch swapping club. Heh

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
No!
There is a tacit understanding that even if a WIS is at their desk balancing financial accounts in a skyscraper, they could be called out IMMEDIATELY to a 150-meter dive expedition for sunken Spanish gold.
That's why watches always need to have the correct straps.
I'm a field researcher...therefore a field watch is a must. Ahem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I look down on people that put inappropriate straps onto watches, according to the function of the watch.
For example, putting leather straps on a diver or a mesh bracelet on a pilot watch. Shows a lack of common sense to me.
In the same vein, I cringe at the watch/NATO combinations that some people with otherwise good tastes are proud of.

·
Registered
456 Posts
while I hope to be done buying watches for a long time, I’ve realized that people who list a watch’s condition without actually listing the details of imperfections are usually hiding something. “Like new” suddenly becomes “hairline scratches on case/bezel and that bracelet that I said was unworn has scuff marks on the clasp”. Just be honest and let me decide if those imperfections are worth the price you’re charging. When selling, I tend to exaggerate the imperfections so that the new buyer is pleasantly surprised when they receive it.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
In the same vein, I cringe at the watch/NATO combinations that some people with otherwise good tastes are proud of.
The canvas is way more fun

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I live in Vancouver, BC.
It's a temperate rainforest. Arc'Teryx is a local company here.
It'll never stop raining.
Children born in Vancouver are certified waterproof by the hospital. I live on the North Shore, rain is my natural environment.
People stay indoors when I wear a rain jacket. If you wear your Arc'Teryx in the rain, will the pockets hold water?

Regards.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Children born in Vancouver are certified waterproof by the hospital. I live on the North Shore, rain is my natural environment.
People stay indoors when I wear a rain jacket. If you wear your Arc'Teryx in the rain, will the pockets hold water?

Regards.
I was born in Singapore...Vancouver rain has NOTHING on the tropics.
Arc'Teryx have waterproof zippers.

Reactions: ewewew

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I was born in Singapore...Vancouver rain has NOTHING on the tropics.
Arc'Teryx have waterproof zippers.
Right...I've been there. I imagine they have a rain flap too, but with the pocket open, in the rain; will the pocket hold water? Or are we talking Robson St. Raingear?

Regards

·
Registered
202 Posts
6 years ago I purchased an Omega Deville saying no to a black GMT Master................................................................. because for some reason I hated Rolex at the time and didn't realise how incredibly useful a GMT is when you travel.......................................... and now I have a quartz GMT to fill that gap..................... I suck =(

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Sometimes, I forget to wind my Nomos on long weekends, it stops. I get mad and flip to my Stowa.

Damn this TO2 is oversized and heavy.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My work phone and computer are set to the time of an office an hour off my home timezone. Sometimes I forget and set my watch to the work phone. Sometimes I just get confused as to the hour and set my watch wrong all on my own.

I do this despite having an Apple watch always on the off wrist with the correct local time. :-d

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sometimes, I forget to wind my Nomos on long weekends, it stops. I get mad and flip to my Stowa.

Damn this TO2 is oversized and heavy.
I know what you mean. My Nomos tangomat is irritating like that with a short pr and non quickset date. Runs out so easily so I find I either wear it all the time or give up on it for periods as well.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I took three five-plus mile walks with my wife and dog this weekend (each to the auto parts store). Didn't wear a mechanical for any of them; wore the apple watch on the left wrist.

Answering a call on an apple watch is a really bizarre experience.

Oh, I did get the TAG Chrono back out to time steaks, so I'm absolved of my sins.

181 - 200 of 351 Posts