WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is what I know: I have seen WA1214 listed as 37mm including the crown and CA1213 listed as 38.5mm (not specifying whether crown is included or not). Can anyone please clarify for me firstly: what are the measurements of each of these watches with and without crown and secondly when you see a watch measurement does that normally include the crown or not? So for instance my CAF1111 is listed at 41mm does this include crown or not?

I guess my real overall question here is how does the size of the 38.5mm F1 Chrono compare to the larger 41mm Aquaracer and how does the same F1 chrono compare to the older smaller 37mm F1 classic. I would like to know because I am considering purchasing a CA1213 but I don't want my watch to feel chintzy. I consider the smaller 37mm WA1214 to feel very light and insubstantial.

Thanks in advance to any of you that can help me sort this out.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Happy to chime in here.

The CA1213 is 3rd generation F1 Chrono and should have the yellow face. My notes show is 38.5mm w/o the crown and 42mm with the crown.

From my view the older TAGs are slightly smaller than the new TAGs.

The vintage f1 are very small for a guy and would very likely feel chintzy unless you have a smaller frame.

The CA1213 is larger and thicker than the vintage F1.

I think the unknown factor here is your frame size and how big you like your watch.

NOTE: if the CA1213 has the words "Formula 1" spelled out on the dial it is the last edition of the F1 Chronograph Tag Heuer made before retiring the series in 2000. It is also the only year with the “Formula 1” marking on the dial making it more collectible.

Hope that was some help...

Good luck and pls post your outcome.

David

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one does NOT have the Formula 1 text on it. So, how big would the CAF1111 be with crown and without? I'd really like to know how the CA1213 compares in size and weight.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you want to be sure call a dealer. This model should still be in the cases and I'd hate to steer you wrong.

D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried a bunch locally and no one seems to have this model. They all say it is too old. ><

·
Registered
836 Posts
No one has the CAF1111?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a CAF1111 =D. That's why I want to know how the CA1213 compares in weight and feel to it. My brother has a WA1214. I just wanted to compare the CA1213 to two TAGs of varying weight and size to see how the CA1213 sized up, and whether or not it would feel chintzy like the WA1214 or substantial like the CAF1111 (with bracelet) or somewhere in between. Thanks for all your help btw. It is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The CA1213 is somewhere in between the CAF1111 and WA1214 in terms of weight and size. It is definitely more substantial than the WA1214 and should not feel "chintzy", but may not be as substantial as your CAF1111.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts