WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been in my wish list for a bit. |I'm not sure why, maybe not for it's good looks .... I think just because it's the only G-Shock with a compass (?) and was released in 1999. I won one last night on ebay from quite a well known Japanese seller :-!

I'm just off to download a manual to prepare myself with anticipation ;-)

I'm sure it's not to everyone's taste, but looks like an interesting buy to me, if not I can just flip it on! Anyone got any experience of them?

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Always wanted an ARTI watch...

Mad Dog Expeditions had one too... LOVE to have one of those.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just been reading about the Mad Dog Expeditions Frogman HERE - but I haven't found mention of their version of this watch yet :-!

*Returns to Google* :-d

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Oh, I was thinking about another one....

Although MAD DOG is a cool company!

:)
I cant remember the name of the outfitters but the owner died that year that Everest had so many deaths. I cant seem to remember the name of the outfitter or the guide. But they had a wademan edition.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe, you outbid me on that one :)

No hard feelings though ;-)
Aww sorry :oops:

If it's not for me then you will get first refusal buddy ;-)

I cant remember the name of the outfitters but the owner died that year that Everest had so many deaths. I cant seem to remember the name of the outfitter or the guide. But they had a wademan edition.
Thats interesting, i will look into this thanks :-!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I've always loved the look of the ARTI, they always seem to bid off at premium costs, I have a hard time paying huge for used, unless it is new old stock. Sweet watch though!!:-!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Nice example of what the Masters-of-G used to be all about ;-)

Function over form...reloaded!

cheers and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
This has been in my wish list for a bit. |I'm not sure why, maybe not for it's good looks .... I think just because it's the only G-Shock with a compass (?) and was released in 1999. I won one last night on ebay from quite a well known Japanese seller :-!

I'm just off to download a manual to prepare myself with anticipation ;-)

I'm sure it's not to everyone's taste, but looks like an interesting buy to me, if not I can just flip it on! Anyone got any experience of them?

Wow... I really like this one. Congrats on your new acquisition.

Very technical looking, a very nice unique design and not a current model which means that as time goes by this one will be even more rare.

More pics would be nice if you have the time. I'd like to see the strap / band, the caseback, buckle, etc.

The more I look at it the better I like it... I'd better stop looking as I'm sure I wouldn't find one this nice...ha..ha...ha...:-d

When do you expect it to arrive?

Cheers...;-)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for your positive comments guys :-!

More pics would be nice if you have the time. I'd like to see the strap / band, the caseback, buckle, etc.

When do you expect it to arrive?
I'm not sure on arrival, I've never bought anything from Japan before! The seller says "Delivery Time Varies", which is useful. Either way I am impatient and want it NOW! :roll:

I was trying to resisit posting more pics until it arrived and I could take my own, but I can't :-d So here's the strap/buckle and caseback as requested ;-)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
What a great find, the case back doesn't have a mark on it, and the screw heads look untouched! Wonderful.

Enjoy...:-!

Cheers for your positive comments guys :-!

I'm not sure on arrival, I've never bought anything from Japan before! The seller says "Delivery Time Varies", which is useful. Either way I am impatient and want it NOW! :roll:

I was trying to resisit posting more pics until it arrived and I could take my own, but I can't :-d So here's the strap/buckle and caseback as requested ;-)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope I will |>

It's described as: THE WATCH IS USED A FEW TIMES ONLY AND STILL KEEP IN ALMOST LIKE NEW CONDITION!"

No box or manual sadly but thats not the end of the world. I have read the manual online, and I haven't bought it to be kept boxed up and will be wearing it hopefully. I will of course look after it, so if its good condition that is a bonus :-!

If it's fairly rare and increases in value any time in the future then that's a bonus too!!

Seller emailed with the shipping number, and said 10-15 days.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have one of these at home :-!

You'll love it. They're massive and ugly... just how a G-Shock should be haha.

I once gave my ex girlfriend a black eye with mine! We were watching "What Lies Beneath" and I jumped when the girl came out of the bath lol. I somehow managed to whack her right near her eye... she was okay though :-!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts