WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really enjoy diver watches out of all the styles - even though I never dive and rarely venture out into water any deeper than 20ft.

Regardless, I am drawn to several watches but ultimately lust over the Sinn 556i, however, at $1300 (with bracelet, $1090 with strap) I am torn over the more bang-for-your-buck watch that is half what the Sinn goes for (totally understand what a good deal the Sinn is at it's price-point, however).

I've narrowed it down to these two watches:

• Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military - $400 (swiss movement)
  • Helson Shark Diver - $600 (japanese movement)

I really like the Stowa watches - however can't find a diver that is under 42mm...

I am drawn to simple (think German style) designed and well-built watches...SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.

(side note: I have a smaller wrist - 6.75" and tend to wear watches around 40mm well)

Thanks!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Don't settle. Save for the Sinn. It's only a few months more wait and you will ultimately be glad you did.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Agreed. I have one and can whole heartedly recommend waiting for that watch. It's a fabulous piece and will look great on your wrist.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
As others have said; save for the Sinn. It seems to be what you really want and if you go for something else you'll still want to get it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Save for the Sinn, you wont regret it! I did and I'm extremely glad I did. I have the same size wrist and the Sinn wears beautifully. Nicest piece in my collection

·
Premium Member
66,449 Posts
Been there, done that, got the 'T' shirt but not a Sinn one. No matter how tempting it is to go for a less expensive watch continue saving for the Sinn - you won't regret it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts