WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
If it doesn't have inside what the outside says it should have, then that's something to worry about.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok! i have received a few messages telling me it's a fake and there seems to be some questions regarding its veracity. so let's dig in. here are some more pics:

this a wyler-vetta from teh same time period:

my theory is this:

in order to do business in italy, foreign companies had to partner with italian businesses. so, wyler partnered with vetta. wyler went out of business sometime in the late 60s or 70s, iirc. but vetta didn't. i believe vetta retained the ability to market watches using the names wyler and wyler-vetta. this watch was produced in the 80s, in my opinion. long after the company was interested in producing the incaflex balance. the dial is, despite my pics, immaculate and the printing precise. therefore, i beleive this watch was produced by the vetta company and branded wyler.

while im not ruling out a fake, the claim does raise some questions. why fake a wyler? the brand carries almost no prestige. the movement has been used in far more expensive watches. also, the engraved caseback and signed rotor are pretty extreme measures to be taken in order to fake a wyler.

let's here some counter points!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I love the watch and Wylers. But I'm surprised no one has questioned the originality of the dial. Not that I have any expertise or specifics. My only reason for saying that is that it looks too good to be true so in fact I may be complimenting it.

Oops. I wrote this before I saw pictures of Wyler Vetta. Sure does look similar.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
The incaflex on your watch is being used as a picture logo rather than
the printed INCAFLEX on the earlier chronos using the Valjoux 72 movements which had the incaflex
balance....a logo/homage is all I think it is and not a specification of what the watch should contain.

I highly doubt that this watch is any kind of fake.
Very nice watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts