WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out of the office yesterday when my package arrived, so my new watch was waiting for me on my desk. Its an Artix GT Day Date, black with rubber strap. This is actually my first higher end watch. I stumbled across this site while looking for bands for my Citizen Eco Drive and started lusting after something higher end. I am not willing to spend Omega money and fell in love with the sporty look of the Oris Artix models. Also I am a big motorsports fan and the fact that Oris has sponsered F1 teams and drivers draws me to the brand.

At 42mm, I would not want anything larger on my 7" wrist. I am extremely happy with the fit of the watch. I was worried the strap would be too tight or too loose, but it really fits perfectly. It does not pinch, but also does not move around. I am very happy.

Will follow with some pics from my phone.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments all, I will try and get some better pictures this week, my phone isnt all that great.

BTW, Can anyone tell me how you clean dust and stuff off the crystal? I use alcohol wipes for my glasses and other watches, but for instance my Eco Drive had fine scratches on it after only 1 week of use. Obviously wear will happen, and this is my EDWatch, but Id rather not damage it if I know a better method.

I love wearing this watch, I pause my work occasionally and look it it just to admire, lol. Ive actually seen a couple people checking it out, one of them a drop dead gorgeous red head ( dont tell the wife, lol! ).

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Great choice, I like the matte dial and the huge crown.

Crystal: I'd keep alcohol wipes away from this one, just use any soft cloth (t-shirt works great). I don't know which Citizen you own but it is probably a mineral crystal. This one is sapphire obviously and you won't scratch it wiping away dust, unless you use a diamond. Or a brick wall.

Enjoy that bad boy and.. yes.. more pics!

·
Premium Member
60,810 Posts
I got into no end of bother on another thread by suggesting what is probably the best way to clean your crystal so even your nearest and dearest should not see you do this according to some - lick it then polish it with a soft cloth (avoid other people seeing you lick your watch if you try this method or you'll be thought odd to say the least). Like Daschlag says your GT has a sapphire crystal that only diamond or brick walls will scratch

·
Registered
857 Posts
there's always 'work' or 'bills' waiting for me at the office table....never a watch :(
Congrats on your Oris...looking good

·
Registered
103 Posts
....... This is actually my first higher end watch. I stumbled across this site while looking for bands for my Citizen Eco Drive and started lusting after something higher end......
Nice watch, but now you're doomed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice watch, but now you're doomed.
Yes I have been eyeing all sorts of watches. I think for X-Mas I will ask for a new beater watch, since my old beater seems much too small for my wrist now ( 37mm) that I have gotten used to this watch ( 42mm ). Im looking at an ediface with rubber strap, looks similar to this watch.

The last few days I have been setting this watch exactly to the atomic clock, and notice that is consistently 7 seconds fast per day, which I understand is just about what to expect for this movement.

·
Premium Member
60,810 Posts
Like Wyattsride said you're doomed. If I'm not mistaken the GT has the SW220 movement in it and 7 seconds per day is pretty good - I wish my 220 kept that sort of time. I THINK (I'll stand correcting on this) that the upper limit set by Oris is +30 secs per day but whatever it is your GT is performing well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just went ahead and also ordered my first Oris today!! The Titan C with a ceramic bezel. I've been looking at Oris watches for the last six years and went and made the leap for my upcoming 50th birthday!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts