WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMAG2909.jpg wakman close up inside.jpg

So this is my third vintage timepiece that I have purchased. When I saw it just kind of spoke to me,I know sounds weird but anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has any insights on this particular model or any advice. At the moment its missing the crown and a stem and not sure if I should purchase an original W crown that I found on ebay for $80? I think I got it for a good price at around $300 but anyway Im thinking of getting it serviced and back into working order. The movement seems very clean. Ive read up a little on wakmann and from my general understanding it was an american company that was importing breitling timepieces into the US. Im still trying to learn the different movements in watches and from my understanding this has a valjoux. Anyway, any info or comments will be greatly appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
You don't necessarily need a Wakmann crown unless you want to keep the watch all original, a replacement will work just fine. That being said, you should get it serviced and have the watchmaker install a new crown and stem, he should know what will work properly.

·
Vendor
7,316 Posts
Just to confirm, Hirsch straps are from Klargenfurt in Austria !!

Sorry, I think you accidentally misspelled something. You mean Hirsch straps, not Hersch. Hirsch straps are made in Austria, I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts