WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on the market for a new wallet and at first I thought why not $15 eBay wallet, then I thought why not $25 Macy's wallet after that why not a $60 Cole Haan wallet. Well now I am on a $300 Gucci wallet.

Which got me thinking if there's a good watch company that makes wallets, obviously Tag came to mind and I am looking at them. But I was wondering if anyone knew of another watch company (preferably Swiss) that makes nice, professional looking wallets.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hmmm ..Cartier, RL, etc...I think the best quality wallet I can find that also has some watches in their brand is porsche design. Their wallets are really good and priced less than $200. Can't say the same about their watches though.

I was addicted to big brand wallets too for many years and even fell into the trap of buying up to the $500 mark.

Nowadays they don't give me as much satisfaction anymore. Maybe it goes with age and the appreciation of much simpler things in life.

This is how I roll nowadays...handmade, masculine, and cheap!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Fashion wallets? I thought guys generally just want durable wallets.
Look for double/triple stitching throughout and full grain leather.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm not much of a fashion watch guy either, but I must admit I never deviate from the Coach wallet. They know their leather and when it wears out, you send it back and they practically replace it for free.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I can't say I would go down that road except maybe Hermes but I don't think I have ever seen any men's wallets from them. I am very partial to Tumi, I have a breast pocket wallet that I have had for 25 years and it is still very nice and I don't baby it at all and it spends more time in a back pocket than in a breast packet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think Mont Blanc makes both wallets and watches. Of course there is Gucci, and LV, but I cannot remember a watch company that specifically branch out from watches to accessories (most of the time, Watches are launched by fashion companies as a line of accessories.

Coach has been putting out some nice designs recently, and I also like Marc Jacobs accessories.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I wouldn't buy a wallet from a watch company.
At the higher price point I would pick a Loewe wallet. At a more affordable price point.. a Saddleback.
Surely you can't go wrong with saddlebacks 100 years warranty, and much more affordable than all your fancy designer leather, and certainly tougher... It is there to last, lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
I was given a a Rolex wallet from an AD. Don't have a picture (it's at my office) but it is quite good quality.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Hmmm ..Cartier, RL, etc...I think the best quality wallet I can find that also has some watches in their brand is porsche design. Their wallets are really good and priced less than $200. Can't say the same about their watches though.

I was addicted to big brand wallets too for many years and even fell into the trap of buying up to the $500 mark.

Nowadays they don't give me as much satisfaction anymore. Maybe it goes with age and the appreciation of much simpler things in life.

This is how I roll nowadays...handmade, masculine, and cheap!

Thats a cool wallet, care to share some details mate?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Surely you can't go wrong with saddlebacks 100 years warranty, and much more affordable than all your fancy designer leather, and certainly tougher... It is there to last, lol
Had mine for 4 years now with no sign of it giving way anytime soon. :-!

·
Premium Member
7,511 Posts
I was recently given by my wife a very expensive Montblanc wallet. I used it for two days then I put it in a drawer and went back to my trusted old Porsche Design wallet. The Montblanc is hard as a piece of steel and does not bend in the pocket, it is like sitting on your smart phone. Luckily because they are both black my wife can not tell the difference. ;-)

montblanc.png

1 - 20 of 69 Posts