WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to share my latest delivery with all of you. I'm not much of a gold person typically, but I had to scoop this up when I had the chance. I've never seen one like it.

It appears to be a '60s era. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get the back unscrewed so I can verify the movement and serial numbers. More than likely a Valjoux movement, but it depends on the timeframe of production to determine which one. Probably 7736 if '60s, 7750 if '70s. Any suggestions on how to open her up here at home?

Anybody else have more info on these? What do guys think?

Reactions: evozine

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Re: Waltham chronograph -

Nice looking chrono. I would guess there was a Waltham wrench that fit the flats. I suppose you already tried the ball-of-tape and superglued bar routine?

·
Registered
10,556 Posts

Congrats on your latest buy, like you not a gold person some watches I dont mind.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Still not a gold fan, but the more I have this watch in hand the more I'm liking it.

Paleo- never heard of superglued bar trick! Tried the tape method with no love.

I finally found the right channel lock pliers that had super sharp edges and would grab the back without it scratching it up. Gotta love Mercedes tool kits. Once it broke loose, it came off easy by hand.

The movement turned out to be a Landeron 248. I'm not too familiar with this one so it's time for some more reading. Here she is:

Reactions: DragonDan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts