WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where to get my first G-Shock and which model to start with, I do not need any complicated functions, need it simple and perfect water resistance because I usually go to dive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My current fav daily is a GW6900, I got it from Argos outlet for £55 but I haven't seen them sell it for that since.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like the dw6900 for a first g, I also like the 5600, but the 6900 has a front mounted light button which I LOVE!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Just wondering where to get my first G-Shock and which model to start with, I do not need any complicated functions, need it simple and perfect water resistance because I usually go to dive.
It depends on the depth you dive, because if you are a pro and need a certified diver G then the frogman is your choice, but of course it is a lot expensive than the typical 6900.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Start with this thread and figure out what features you want in your first G-Shock: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/start-here-choosing-your-g-shock-850524.html

Even the basic, non-complicated versions can be had with many useful features such as solar power and/or radio updates from the world's "atomic clocks," and can often be found for less than $100 USD. :)

It depends on the depth you dive, because if you are a pro and need a certified diver G then the frogman is your choice, but of course it is a lot expensive than the typical 6900.
ALL G-Shocks are rated to 200m water resistance; the Frogman is ISO-6425 compliant and more expensive because every single one has to be individually tested: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/water-resistance-myth-vs-reality-159142.html#post1086618

There are easily a dozen threads (or more) where people talk about diving with their "normal" G's at normal recreational depths -- plug "site: forums.watchuseek.com/f17 scuba" into Google without the " marks to find many of those threads. (Also replace "scuba" in that example with "diving" or "dive" to find even more.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts