WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! :)
it's been months since i started to look for my perferct watch.
firstly i ordered a cjiaba watch:
CJIABA CHRONOGRAPH AUTOMATIC DATE LEATHER STRAP WATCH - eBay (item 350410497266 end time Nov-07-10 05:54:12 PST)

i really like the design, but it was defective so i replaced it and it was defective even at the second time.
the 2 things i didn't like about the watch was that it didnt have a transparent back, and it didnt have a month clock (only days in a month but not what month it is)
now i want to try my luck and buy another selfwinding watch.
in my definition, the perfect watch has a moon-phase, a date&month&week clocks, a transparent back with 3ATM water resistance, no diamond and such, and a leather band (not a must)
Also, i would like to have a good and precise mechanical mechanism inside the watch
i've been able to Find some, but not even one of them answer my definition of perfect watch:
JARAGAR Watch,the only bad side is that it doesn't have a moon-phase with 24 hours display
Swiss Men's Mechanical Transparent Leather Watch 1006B - eBay (item 380286559528 end time Nov-14-10 02:10:12 PST)

JARAGAR Watch,the only beside the the stupid diamonds (is there a version without diamonds?)
MENS DIAMOND WATCH AUTO MECHANICAL WEEK/MONTH MOONPHASE - eBay (item 380285624695 end time Nov-07-10 13:12:15 PST)

Well, now when you see what my style is, is there any chance you can help me find my perfect watch?
I'M looking for a mechanical watch with the following features:

New moonphase date week month multifunction watch black - eBay (item 380199372366 end time Nov-16-10 11:04:21 PST)
(but not as ugly)

Thank you,
Or Cohen.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Re: Want to buy a new watch, but cant find the prefect one

None of those are 'moon phase' watches; they have simple 'day/night' displays.
Sorry, I haven't seen your dream watch.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts

Cohen,

Moonphase is a disc which rotates once every 59 days, and is an extra - and costly - complication: the "day/night" indicator can be added very cheaply taking its drive off the day display mechanism.

Many of the eBay cheapies tend to take design cues from much more sophisticated watches, and then pretend to be the real deal. For instance, "open heart balance" claiming to be "toubillon", subdials displaying day and date taking the shape of a chronograph, and of course, "day/night" indicator claiming to be moonphase. And it goes on.

I hate to say this: what you are hoping to get in a watch are high-end complications offered by a costly high-end movement. Judging by the pieces you have purchased - and are looking into - you just won't get them: it is just not possible to get Krug by spending Miller money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

I see :think:,
Im really considering on buying this watch:
Swiss Men's Mechanical Transparent Leather Watch 1006B - eBay (item 380286559528 end time Nov-14-10 02:10:12 PST)
but after what you just say im not so sure now, i dont want to experience the problems i had with my old watch (would have stop after 1 hour, or the day/night wheel would have stopped)

you see, i just dont want to use my watch anymore, It's not unique enough for me:
http://www.pasnew.com/english/eproductinfo.aspx?id=54#

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

isnt the moon phase is a small background that's rotate by the 24 hour clock?
do you know anything about Swiss Men's Mechanical Transparent Leather Watch 1006B - eBay (item 380286559528 end time Nov-14-10 02:10:12 PST) quality of the mechanical movement? (even by looking at his back side)
Real moon phase has a moon that rotates in sync with the real moon on a 27 1/2 day cycle. The day night display you've shown has both a moon and a sun on it and rotates once every 24 hours.

Jaragar is not Swiss; it's a recent Chinese mushroom brand and is unlikely to be of the best quality.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

who are the mushroom brands with the best quality?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts

I guess you will never find a dreamwatch from Jaragar or CJABA, fun ones, yes, but dreamwatch, don't think so...

But, how about this one?

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Not bad :)
maurice blum ha?
from the sea-gull company right?
i heard they have some good watches, but what about the price?
where can i find a list of all the good mushroom brands?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts

Not bad :)
maurice blum ha?
from the sea-gull company right?
i heard they have some good watches, but what about the price?
where can i find a list of all the good mushroom brands?
It's indeed 100% SeaGull with an OEM label, Price was a little under €100.
As for the list, I would say, stay away from mushroom brands. There are other Chinese brands that will give more watch for your money. My suggestion would be Alpha as the cheapest brand to start out with. Previously I would suggest Parnis, but nowadays, you will not be sure what you will get. After that, I'd go for brands like Ingersoll, Davis, and then Perpetual and SeaGull.

If you stay in the $10 range, you never will get a good watch...

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Well, i really like this Alpha watch (The Carbon):
ALPHA MULTIFUNCTION PVD COATING CASE AUTOMATIC WATCH - eBay (item 380283836373 end time Nov-28-10 15:19:53 PST)

But i'm having a hard time Figuring what's the left clock do (???)
also, is there a cheaper and more formal place to buy this kind of watches (that support international shipping)?
is it a good watch?

Or Cohen.

p.s: i guess there arent any non-chinese brands that can compete this watch in its price right?

·
Registered
36 Posts

The dial at 9 o´clock is displaying the year, so after 2020 you have to put it away until 2109. Alpha HK ships worldwide and so far I'm pleased with them (after 3 watches).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

is the HK site your'e talking about is www.alpha-watch.com ?
is the point that i wont be able to use the year clock when i will be 28 should be a letdown?
is it better for me to buy it from ebay and have ebay and paypal protection or i should rather buy it from alpha directly?

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

is the HK site your'e talking about is www.alpha-watch.com ?
is the point that i wont be able to use the year clock when i will be 28 should be a letdown?
is it better for me to buy it from ebay and have ebay and paypal protection or i should rather buy it from alpha directly?
The Alpha eBay seller is the same guy as runs the Alpha watch site. Buying from the watch site is slightly cheaper and shipping is included in the price.
This is a reliable seller that stands behind his product.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Bought it from ebay
ALPHA MULTIFUNCTION PVD COATING CASE AUTOMATIC WATCH - eBay (item 380283836373 end time Nov-28-10 15:19:53 PST)
same price, but i have ebay protection with me :)
i have no words on how to thank you, all of you, for guiding me to buy the right watch :D
i will post pics when i will get it, and i whenever someone asks me who recommended this watch for you, i will say proudly then name watchuseek :)

Thank you very much! =D
Or Cohen,
Israel.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

Bought it from ebay
same price, but i have ebay protection with me :)
i have no words on how to thank you, all of you, for guiding me to buy the right watch :D
i will post pics when i will get it, and i whenever someone asks me who recommended this watch for you, i will say proudly then name watchuseek :)

Thank you very much! =D
Or Cohen,
Israel.
Good choice and covering yourself with eBay protection is just a plus :-!
I'm sure you will like the watch when you get it. We'll be watching for pictures b-)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

6 days have passed since i bought and paid for my alpha watch through ebay.
the seller replied really quick to my question.
its been 6 days and i still haven't received a shipping confrimation.
is it supposed to take that long? usually when i buy through ebay the seller send the package the next day, but this alpha seller said transit time can be approx. 10-15 days for the watch to arrive my country, but it's not even shipped yet! :O
is this is a usual thing with alpha?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

OMFG
The listing of the item just got closed, the seller have dissaperd and my item hasnt been shippid (but my payment was payed 1 week ago)
I cant belive it, did alpha stole my money?! ;(

·
Registered
360 Posts

OMFG
The listing of the item just got closed, the seller have dissaperd and my item hasnt been shippid (but my payment was payed 1 week ago)
I cant belive it, did alpha stole my money?! ;(
No Alpha wouldn't, maybe the dealer if he wasn't a genuine Alpha dealer. I would wait for 2 weeks or so and if you don't receive the watch then go through eBay resolution center, you will get your money back, so don't worry about it too much!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts