WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This watch appeals to me over some of the other ABC watches because of the sunrise sunset function. However, I am just not seeing a whole lot of feedback on this watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wear this watch all the time, its beautiful!
Sunset/rise is working great when you set you lat/long ofcourse.
I also had the negative which is also nice but i prefer the positive display.
There are some great deals going on right now, its a great watch!

Regards,Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir...there are some deals going on for this watch. That is why I am interested. Just don't get why there is not a whole lot being said about it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What would you like to know? I have had this watch for a month and absolutely love it. Here is a quick review I wrote about it a couple days ago:

I've never done a review before lol but I will try

I have taken the watch out on many hikes already, all in cold temperatures and one hike in freezing rain. The cold, wet and ice do not phase it.
Functions: Everything seems to be pretty accurate so far. I did an experiment with the altimeter and it was only off by a few metres (or the info I used was off) which is not a big deal at all because I will only use that function for fun. The compass seems to very accurate all though I would not use it in conjunction with a map to navigate (just a back up). The barometer is really cool and seems to accurate, although I have not used it on a long trek yet when weather info will be of importance. All in all, its exactly what I expected. Not a precision instrument but is plenty good for me.

Looks: I actually love the look of this watch. In pictures I thought it looked kinda of bulky and ugly and cheap, but in person I really, really like it. It is much slimmer than I thought it was going to be. I was only going to use this watch for hiking but I have yet to wear another watch since I put it on. Fits me better than any of my other watches. My only complaint is the date display. For example, instead of displaying TUES 12-24 (like my gulfman) it reads TU24. Not a big deal at all, just think it looks funny. Oh, but the time display is awesome!!! Love the big, bold digits.

Durability/ Quality: this watch feels wayy more solid than I thought and the quality, in my opinion, is outstanding (for a resin watch). As for durability, I can't say how well it will take a hit but it performed well in the freezing rain. I had it strapped over the cuff of my jacket and by the end of the hike it was covered in ice and water and didn't skip a beat. Would feel better about the watch having a low temp resist of -20 instead of -10 but oh well. That's Casio for ya lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the review. I appreciate it. So...overall, a good bang for the buck.
I got the watch for $117 plus 10 dollar shipping on eBay, so I'd say it has a big bang for its buck. Shop around, prices can vary from $120-$150 on eBay

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What would you like to know? I have had this watch for a month and absolutely love it. Here is a quick review I wrote about it a couple days ago:

I've never done a review before lol but I will try

I have taken the watch out on many hikes already, all in cold temperatures and one hike in freezing rain. The cold, wet and ice do not phase it.
Functions: Everything seems to be pretty accurate so far. I did an experiment with the altimeter and it was only off by a few metres (or the info I used was off) which is not a big deal at all because I will only use that function for fun. The compass seems to very accurate all though I would not use it in conjunction with a map to navigate (just a back up). The barometer is really cool and seems to accurate, although I have not used it on a long trek yet when weather info will be of importance. All in all, its exactly what I expected. Not a precision instrument but is plenty good for me.

Looks: I actually love the look of this watch. In pictures I thought it looked kinda of bulky and ugly and cheap, but in person I really, really like it. It is much slimmer than I thought it was going to be. I was only going to use this watch for hiking but I have yet to wear another watch since I put it on. Fits me better than any of my other watches. My only complaint is the date display. For example, instead of displaying TUES 12-24 (like my gulfman) it reads TU24. Not a big deal at all, just think it looks funny. Oh, but the time display is awesome!!! Love the big, bold digits.

Durability/ Quality: this watch feels wayy more solid than I thought and the quality, in my opinion, is outstanding (for a resin watch). As for durability, I can't say how well it will take a hit but it performed well in the freezing rain. I had it strapped over the cuff of my jacket and by the end of the hike it was covered in ice and water and didn't skip a beat. Would feel better about the watch having a low temp resist of -20 instead of -10 but oh well. That's Casio for ya lol

earlier casio models like skyforce used to have minus 20 degees thermometer range.but don't know why the new ones all have minus ten range....as for 270 being raisin,i guess its no big deal.gshocks are also resin but see how durable they are

·
Registered
146 Posts
earlier casio models like skyforce used to have minus 20 degees thermometer range.but don't know why the new ones all have minus ten range....as for 270 being raisin,i guess its no big deal.gshocks are also resin but see how durable they are
It is too bad they did not keep the low temp resist at -20, I would have more confidence in the watch as I enjoy being outside in the winter months. As for the durability, I agree the resin is definitely durable. I was more so referring to quality, as resin is a cheap material. But I really love it and would not change anything then the things I mentioned above! I prefer resin for an outdoor watch. I always scratch my steel watches lol

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
It is too bad they did not keep the low temp resist at -20, I would have more confidence in the watch as I enjoy being outside in the winter months.
They will easily survive -20°C but the thermometer will not display any temp below -10. The only thing you will notice at -20 is that the LCD gets noticably sluggish in reaction time. It won't harm the watch or any of its functions however.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
They will easily survive -20°C but the thermometer will not display any temp below -10. The only thing you will notice at -20 is that the LCD gets noticably sluggish in reaction time. It won't harm the watch or any of its functions however.

Thanks, Sedi! Good to know as my protrek is subject to cold weather on a daily basis! Soon to be subject to hot, humid weather :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could not find any info on this watch resistance, I am interested in wearing it when I ride my mountain bike and I don't know if it will resist to vibration shocks. Can you help with some info on that?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I could not find any info on this watch resistance, I am interested in wearing it when I ride my mountain bike and I don't know if it will resist to vibration shocks. Can you help with some info on that?
I don't think Casio provides any info on the PRG270's vibration resistance. But I can assure you that vibration due to mountain biking will not harm this watch. But if you're just getting a watch to tell time while mountain biking and you're worried about shock resistance, why not just get a G-Shock. It would be cheaper !|>

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is not just for telling time, I'm also interested in Sunrise/sunset function, total descent/ascent, barometer trend etc. Also, it is a much lighter version 3 sensor watch than Rangeman.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is not just for telling time, I'm also interested in Sunrise/sunset function, total descent/ascent, barometer trend etc. Also, it is a much lighter version 3 sensor watch than Rangeman.
Well then what are you waiting for?? Haha go get one

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Also, it is a much lighter version 3 sensor watch than Rangeman.
I'm pretty sure you won't notice much difference in weight when wearing them. The Rangeman is a little heavier but it's still a lightweight and very comfy watch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Should be receiving mine today. I bought the 260 a few days ago but didn't like the way it felt on my wrist so I took off the wings and wore it for a while but still didn't like it so I returned it and swapped it out for a 270. I really loved the look, the rotating bezel, and the sunrise and sunset features of the 260 but it was too uncomfortable to wear. I'm hopeful the 270 will feel better and at least it has the sunrise and set times like the 260.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts