WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have two vintage Omegas that I am very anxious to get Omega archive extracts for. However, I need to open the casebooks in order to get the serial numbers on the movements. I have some watch tools, but I do not want to damage these, and so I could use advice about whether these are "easy" to remove (and how) or I should bring to my local watchmaker one or both. Watchmaker slightly trickier in pandemic conditions is why I ask.

I include pictures of the fronts (for fun) and the backs (for advice).

Thanks!
Russ

p.s. a circa 1961 Seamaster with date and a circa 1960 321 Chronograph (check out that bracelet original!).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just get a watchmaker near you to open it for you. I went by one time for a similar reason and I offered the guy money but he refused. I’m sure he figured it was good for business and I’d likely come back to him. Even if your watchmaker wants to charge $15, it’s worth it versus you leaving a huge gouge accidentally in the case back

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
the one on the right can be opened by pretty much anyone, on the left is another story, the movement goes out the front
that requires a qualified watchmaker, and not all watchmakers are qualified on front loaders

1 - 3 of 3 Posts