WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

WARNING: Gratuitous Joy Inside! - New Arrival: Seiko SARB075

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  NC_Hager626 
#1 ·
Hey all, this came in the mail yesterday (first delivery was actually Wednesday, thankfully the post office didn't just leave it unattended by the door, so I swung by Thursday to pick it up).

It was a fascination that was maybe in overdrive for about 5 months, and then this beauty just crossed my path and it became an auto-buy. I was inspired by this post from way back when - https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/new-arrival-seiko-sarb077-664953.html.

Compass bezels! Totally unnecessary, totally speaks to my love of the outdoors. Bought through ebay, came from Thailand, shipping was so fast, purchased May 25th, first arrived May 29th. Time to relax the notices from ebay and watch recon.

So, it came with the additional multi-tool, which is so versatile and well built. But about the watch. Looks great, lume is fantastic, within a day it's working amazingly well (runs a smidge fast). I'm still glowing, all of the feels, nothing critical to note, except, the additional strap.

Hard to find literature on things, being an older model. But it's about mid-70s in my house, a bit warmer outside. The green rubber strap looks great, but it felt like putty to the touch. Very soft, seemed easy to tear, or smudge/warp, with minimal effort. It's definitely not rubber, too reactive to the environment. Inserted spring bars to switch from the metal bracelet for a change-up, and it felt like it wanted to break. One spring bar came out ok, the other part of the strap needed to be put into the fridge, and then the freezer, so removing the spring bar didn't rip the connection point.
Bracelet is great, looks good (has a sort of matte/polished sequence juxtaposition thing going on) and feels comfortable. Local watch shop is relocating, so have to wait about a week to take a few links out (hence exercise with rubber'ish strap) when new shop is up and running.

That was a lot of text about the only flaw with the watch. It has a good weight, profile is a bit chunky and it perfectly matches the aesthetic. The bi-directional bezel takes a bit of effort to move, which is fine because a setting shouldn't easily be moved by accident. Everything is very legible. This is my first diver/field watch. It makes sense on the wrist, easy to read. The green really pops (go Birds), there's great contrast.

Pics were taken right before midnight, date in mid process of changing.

This brings me to three Seiko's, having a small horizontal grouping. Now there's an inclination to collect more Trek/Land Monsters for a vertical grouping. So many watches, so little time.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.