WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across a listing on eBay that I was very tempted to JUMP on (if it turns out legit and one of you grab it I will be very upset!). I figured it was a seller not knowing much about what they are selling...as this happens from time to time and sometimes we are able to get a good deal this way. So I am doing mu due diligence before pulling the trigger on the watch in question. First the listing, then the problem...

G-Shock DW-8250 Man In Orange LNIB Battery & Waterproofed by Casio Frogman | eBay

It's listed as a "Man in Orange" Frog, which we know was never made. Also, the description says it's an 8250 when it's clearly a 200 series Frog. I thought this G looked familiar so I did a little search. Sure enough, I had seen not only the same watch, but the EXACT same PICTURE...

Watch Analog watch Orange Watch accessory Wrist

Taken from one of Riley's post here, back from 2009. I've asked the seller for more pictures and also PM'd Riley to see if still has the Black Spots in question, or if he in fact sold it.

If this is legit, which I HIGHLY doubt it is, I beg you not to swipe this one out from under me!!! But....this definitely falls under the "Too good to be true" category!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Here's a good list of almost every frogman ever made, I don't see that particular color orange on there but I wouldn't get discouraged, it may have been dyed from a previously lighter color.

Casio G-Shock Frogman Watch Archive photos, videos and specifications

You never can be sure. It looks legit to me by the picture but I've never heard of man in orange and I've never seen that color.
I'd contact the seller and ask for more pictures via email.

If you look closely at the bottom band, it looks like there may be some special edition marking starting with "All" but that' all I can make out by the picture.

Plus, the seller is a new member, only 8 total feedback so take that into consideration too.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a good list of almost every frogman ever made, I don't see that particular color orange on there but I wouldn't get discouraged, it may have been dyed from a previously lighter color.

Casio G-Shock Frogman Watch Archive photos, videos and specifications

You never can be sure. It looks legit to me by the picture but I've never heard of man in orange and I've never seen that color.
I'd contact the seller and ask for more pictures via email.

If you look closely at the bottom band, it looks like there may be some special edition marking starting with "All" but that' all I can make out by the picture.

Plus, the seller is a new member, only 8 total feedback so take that into consideration too.

Good luck
Oh, I know EXACTLY what the watch in question is. It's a Black Spots GW200 with white ICERC resin that has been dyed Orange. It is, or was, Riley's watch that he posted on his My G Shock blog. In fact, the wrist shot in the seller's description is actually Riley's wrist!!!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i recognized that one immediately, it was a Helios or Spots one that was dyed orange by a member here; he even made a thread about how he dyed it and i remember him having huge golden testicles for dying a rare frog like that.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. And for $125 I would quickly pounce on that Black Spots!! Unfortunately, looks like somebody is about to get ripped off. And I can't report it because it's not my picture he stole. Any ideas as to how to report this one?

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Riley can contact eBay's VERO Department claim his copyright, eBay will take the list down. If Riley need online VERO filing form, he can PM me I'll be happy to forward it to him.
People use my photographs to sell their stuff online all the time. VERO been very good to protect my image rights.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
A false picture means everything is suspect.... 10' pole insufficient to touch. Good about contacting Riley. But I'd also contact eBay and provide link to picture from WUS, so they can see photo is illegitimate.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Other thing it could be is the seller may have an 8250 and has just search for yellow / orange frogman found those pics and decided to use them. Not trying to defend this seller in anyway just offering up another possible scenario, considering the listing states its for an 8250

Andy

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol...as my friends and I used to say about some "fast" women, "I wouldn't touch that with Your d...!"

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.

Reactions: Wojo

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope somebody didn't "BIN." I last saw it had two bids up to $102.50 and I filed several reports.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah, I figured as much. It has all the right dimensions and markings, just not the right color. Figured it had be to dyed. Funny that it's a dye job from someone on the forum! Good scouting, there's always someone trying to make a buck off someone else's handywork.
Oh, I know EXACTLY what the watch in question is. It's a Black Spots GW200 with white ICERC resin that has been dyed Orange. It is, or was, Riley's watch that he posted on his My G Shock blog. In fact, the wrist shot in the seller's description is actually Riley's wrist!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts