WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the thread "possible scammers" posted by tragic in the affordables forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I nearly bought my second Ball from them.

I stopped as soon as i saw Wire transfer and stuff like that.

Yup ... It sure looks like there is another Scam store on the net.

It is not the first and won't be the last.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Thanks for posting this, jaymd! :-!

Always be suspicious(read Stay away from!) about internet sites that will only accept wire transfers for payment and offer high end watches for incredibly low prices. :rodekaart

Here's the link to the thread--
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=91936

<|

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was surprised to see they carried Ball watches including quartz versions. Thats why i decided to warn Ball forumers. Always buy from your AD :-!

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I was surprised to see they carried Ball watches including quartz versions. Thats why i decided to warn Ball forumers. Always buy from your AD :-!

Good advice. I'm sure we were all told when we were little that if "something seems to good to be true"...And how can we forget the classic "caveat emptor" Brady Bunch episode:roll:

My AD is miles from my house, near my old office, and is across the country in fact. But I trust him and he stands behind his products and me and that means everything.

Heck, many of us will own these watches for our lives and pass them down. All it takes is one bad deal to eat the profit margins of all of our good ones.

I know the only watch I ever sold was a Lone Eagle, which alas was too small on my wrist and I couldn't convince the Mrs. to wear it. I buy these things for life:-!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advice. I'm sure we were old told when we were little that if "something seems to good to be true"...And how can we forget the classic "caveat emptor" Brady Bunch episode:roll:

My AD is miles from my house, near my old office, and is across the country in fact. But I trust him and he stands behind his products and me and that means everything.

Heck, many of us will own these watches for our lives and pass them down. All it takes is one bad deal to eat the profit margins of all of our good ones.

I know the only watch I ever sold was a Lone Eagle, which alas was too small on my wrist and I couldn't convince the Mrs. to wear it. I buy these things for life:-!

Yep! I buy watches(from my AD of course!) to enjoy and keep them with the exception of selling 3 watches so i could get me a Ball:-d Probably the last time ill be selling any of my watches.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Buyer beware is certainly at play here. I e-mailed them last night and asked for a call back, but the reply was 'better individual srevice via e-mail'. Ha ha. I sent another stating that I wanted to purchase several high end Omega's to see their next move. I can't wait to see that one...

·
Registered
434 Posts
"A fool and his money are soon parted"!

I would never ever pay for a watch (or anything else for that matter) with a wire transfer. If they don't take a CC or Paypal at the very least I don't care how good a deal it is I'm out... <|
Hey Brian
I would never pay by wire transfer either.

As the old saying goes. If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't<|<|

Regards
Bob:thanks

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Where does one go to check website origin, ownership, inception. My trip to WhoIs has not been helpful and I see that you all were able to out this fraud!

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Nice going Brian! Brings up a different question, as to who is behind this, as that is located in a great location in Orlando, near a great watch store.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I couldn't resist. I ordered another Ball. As soon as they give me the phone number to go with the Orlando address, I'll make arrangements to pick it up.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I couldn't resist. I ordered another Ball. As soon as they give me the phone number to go with the Orlando address, I'll make arrangements to pick it up.
I'm only a few hours away. I'll lend a hand,,,

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
This place has to be a fraud. No phone number listed. The address appears to be in a mall parking lot. They claim "in business" since 2004, but the web site was registered on Oct. 10th 2007.

How stupid do they think we are?? :roll:
Nice digging, Brian! :-!

I hope that lots of people see this thread and/or the originating one over in Affordables, so that they will stay far away from this scammer!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Please tell me you didn't wire them any money!!! :-d

Seriously keep us updated on what you find out.. |>
Of course not. I would have done that if I were ordering a Rolex. :-s

First response:
Chon Store
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: CS-91102307997
Detailed Invoice: http://chonstore.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=CS-91102307997
Date Ordered: Tuesday 23 October, 2007

I'll bring cash - your address is: Chon Store, 4203 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL 32839. Pls provide
the local phone number in Orlando. Thanks!

Products
1 x Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon GMT DG1016A-S1J-WH - US $970.00
Sub-Total: US $970.00
Price break Discount: US $33.95
UPS Ground [USA & Canada only] (free - up to 7 business days): US $0.00
Total: US $936.05

Delivery Address
Gerry XXXXX
XXXXX S Xth St
Phoenix, AZ 850XX
United States

Payment Method
Money Order (USA)

Make Payable To:

Henry Kimbrough
127 Conway blvd
Conway AR 72034
USA

Send To:

Henry Kimbrough
127 Conway blvd
Conway AR 72034
USA

Once payment has been sent, please notify us about it via email
to the following address: [email protected].
Please note. Your order will not ship until we receive payment.

Then, I told them I'd just pick it up:

Dear Gerry,

You wrote:

GE> I'll bring cash - your address is: Chon Store, 4203 Conroy
GE> Road, Orlando, FL 32839. Pls provide the local phone number in
GE> Orlando. Thanks!

Please send the money order as choosen. This needed to control all
financial operations. We do not accept cash. Sorry. Personal pick up
is also unavailable. We do not have an ordinary store.

Postal address of main office is absolutely right.

We prefer communicate through email for a variety of reasons.
1. It provides an audit trail of communication so that all the
facts can be passed on to whomever may be working your inqury.
2. It allow us to focus on each customer's request.
3. Due to there being multiple people in different locations
available to handle requests it saves additional expenses
which allows to us reduce prices for offered products.
Therefore please ask all your questions via email or usinf online
contact form at http://chonstore.com/contact_us.php.

Thank you.

--
Susan,
Chon Store's Sales Department mailto:[email protected]

I told them to cancel the order but we'll see if they respond back.

One more thing - here's the property records for that location in Conway AR. I'm not sure I'd send any money there. (may not link well - sorry - the parcl number is 710-01166-000.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice going Brian! Brings up a different question, as to who is behind this, as that is located in a great location in Orlando, near a great watch store.
It might be a helpful to notify the legitimate watch store of this scammer web site. They may be playing on the name or business location of the legitimate watch store.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I asked my AD how he handles many out of State and out of Country sales. He did not even hesitate, "Wire transfer."

So, find a good guy, like we have here and work with them. Be very aware of any web site offering big discounts, either as fraud or stolen goods. I remember a recent posting here about a Hydrocarbon being purchased for a very low price. Let's see, it's used, no warranty, could be stolen and how knows what motor it has in it now!

Get an AD, work with them, find added value for service and helping you move a timepiece when you wish to.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
It might be a helpful to notify the legitimate watch store of this scammer web site. They may be playing on the name or business location of the legitimate watch store.
They are not using the same name, and I am sure ther are not involved, but I will give them a call none the less..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts