WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Warning WATCHMAXX.COM!!! I have recently had the DISPLEASURE of dealing with this website (from Australia). I originally purchased the ladies diamond Aquaracer as a Christmas gift - fantastic. Arrived in 2 days. Tried it on & felt it was really small on my wrist (had not tried on recently). I contacted Watchmaxx to arrange an exchange for the Tag cac1312 (an extra $1000), which is where my trouble began. They received my original watch back then suddenly would not respond to my emails . Would not return phone calls. They were very unprofessional - sending three word emails etc. I decided on a refund then a long drawn out email game of tag ensued. It is now February and I still don't know what is happening. Iam totally sick of this company!! Fine if you know exactly what you want. Just don't ever expect an easy transaction or any customer service if things become a little more difficult.

·
Registered
105 Posts
WARNING: I recently did a watch deal with a WUS member PremiumCeasuri. Complete Fraud. Messed me about all the way. I paid money to his Paypal per agreement. He wrote back saying how he could not access the money because his account was not upgraded. Asked me to use Western Union. I declined. Said he would refund my money. Then he sent me his friend's Paypal which was apparently an upgraded account. I checked with Paypal for Buyer Protection and they provided an affirmative to go ahead with the transaction as I would be protected with Buyer Protection as long as I went through Paypal. He refunded the money and I paid the money into the new Paypal account provided. Then I wrote to the seller asking for tracking information. After much chasing he writes back saying how shipping costs are too high. So I requested for a refund. No response. After many emails, he writes back that the money will be refunded. So far no refund. After another few emails requesting refund, he says - he has already called his friend twice for the refund. Thankfully Paypal protects against these types of fraudulent sellers!

Please be extremely careful. I have learnt my lesson! Their Paypal addresses are:
[email protected]
[email protected]

The guy uses the email address: [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are right about Frogman43
I bought a Luminox Atacama watch from him here
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-l...diver-swiss-army-divemaster-500-a-692723.html
7 weeks and still no watch here. He wrote that the watch had been sent on May.19.
And look what I've found a few days ago:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-luminox-1825-atacama-525243.html
Same seller, same watch, same PICTURES!!! The watch has been sold in April.2011.
Sad story. Now I'm starting a dispute using my bank and credit card issuer. PayPal couldn't do anything because m-r Frogman43 convinced me to pay a PERSONAL payment to save a PayPal fee.
Very clever guy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I just wanted to warn anyone thinking of having any dealings with seikouk.com, and seikowatchesuk.com to think again! These are Chinese based set-ups, masquerading as a legitimate Seiko watch retailers. They even claim to be "Officially authorised Seiko retailers" . They claim to be London based, but in reality, they are on the opposite side of the globe! They ensnare the unwary (no fool like an old fool!) with low prices, free shipping, 3-5 day dispatch from London etc etc, but the truth of the matter is (and I talk from bitter experience) they seduce you with low prices, they take more money from your account than agreed, they process their merchant services (card payments) through another Chinese-based scam called "Realypay" (check them out on the internet!), who, like seikouk.com themselves, hide behind the anonymity of the internet and steal money from your account (they took more from my account than the "agreed" price of the watch, so a "lose lose" situation all round), so not only did I not receive my watch, I lost the amount I paid for it, AND I lost extra money from being scammed by Realypay as well! This crowd of con merchants advertise in such a way as to convince prospective buyers that they are legitimate Seiko authorised dealers, and by adding "UK" to their name, I am sure many will continue to be fooled and mugged by them. I should point out that "Seikouk" (the crooks) are in no way connected with the genuine "Seiko UK" who are the bona-fide Seiko watch distributors for the UK (it's amazing how much can change between a space and no space on the two web addresses referred to!!). I have kept a detailed file of all the information relating to these scammers, and hope that anyone considering the purchase of a Seiko, goes to a genuine Seiko dealer with a UK contact number, and an address here in the UK. Please let my experience be a salutary lesson to anyone thinking that they will get a cheap Seiko from seikouk.com...simply put..you won't. What you will get is a hole in your bank account, stress from dealing with these thieving crooks, and the embarrassment of knowing that you've fallen for the oldest trick in the book...and that is, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is! It should also be noted that these crooks operate under a number of guises, web addresses, and gmail accounts. Once you have seen the seikouk.com and seikowatchesuk.com site, all the others will look familiar, with their use of poorly translated English, lack of contact information, over-promises, free shipping etc. Oh, and by the way, when I ordered my watch, my order status changed immediately to "delivered" which was the first indication that something wasn't right. It was only at that point that I really started to absorb the content of the website and realised that I had made a serious error of judgement!! I hope this warning saves anyone else from the ignominy that I have suffered in the hands of these fraudsters. PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE CROOKS, NOR GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS...THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF--GUARANTEED!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
can you add WLIKENS32 to the list...replied to his post and agreed on a watch trade and he didn't send anything to me, and kept my suunto core all black military watch. also [email protected]
You need more details than this to indicate that someone is a scammer. Perhaps it is stuck in the post? Did he provide you tracking numbers?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sent him email after email pms. No response for close to 1 month. He is a scammer!!! I took a chance with an inexpensive watch and I learned a lesson.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Has anyone dealt with GlassPassenger11 before? I feel like I am getting scammed. Paid for a watch last Saturday and was told it would ship that day. Never heard anything for days and then I PMed asking for the confirmation #. Still no reply from him. I got a message finally yesterday, but still no confirmation # or any indication of when he shipped it or how he shipped it. He gave an excuse as to a family member getting ill so there was no time to get it shipped Saturday but a few days later. Worst of all I paid with paypal gift only after seeing this guy sells on here all the time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tony11 is a scammer (email addy: [email protected]). he is selling a few watches right now including an IWC I inquired about. He is from Romania, and claims that "Mike, the owner of TZ forums" is his reference. He is using an email tool to mask his real email address and that of his reference.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Do not do business with Winston11, this person just tried to sell me a Casio TW-7000 with pictures belonging to another member, and I know the other member is not selling his example.

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
micbaltes is a scammer. Do not reply to email [email protected]

Watch out for micbaltes.

I have seen this person before on other forums, and they send emails purporting interest in everything for sale.

(e.g. Other forum)

Do not reply to the email address.

[email protected]

They are a scammer collecting for mailing lists - or worse.

micbaltes said:
Am so much interested in your Casio G-Shock GA-110HC-1A Limited Edition Gloss Black HyperColor Watch,Can you email me for more pics so l can forward it to my cousin if he admire it,How much are you asking for?Please send me an email on [email protected]

Regards,
Michelle Baltes

·
Registered
751 Posts
Do not do business with user id micbaltes AKA "Michelle Baltes"

Email address: (REDACTED)

Tried to scam me out of a watch by sending a fake paypal email and getting me to ship to Africa.

see text from email below

----
Hi Dave,

Actually,l want to purchase the watch for my cousin as a birthday,l'm always busy due to the nature of my job,l'm currently of town at the moment,l will offer you $2880 for the item including shipment&handling fee to africa via (EMS) Post office(3-5days delivery),l will be glad if you could help me with shipping to Africa,His birthday is fast approaching and l want the item to get to him before the day.Please email me your paypal id so l can proceed with the payment immediately.

Thanks and God bless,

Michelle Baltes
Assistant Director
Edgewater Development oil & Gas
e-mail: (REDACTED)
fax: 773-973-4045

------------

Dear Seller,

l have successfully sent payment to your paypal id (REDACTED) and it has been deducted from my account, Please Check your email for the notification of payment from paypal.

here's the recipient info:

Kolade Emmanuel
4,Ola street
Surulere,Lagos
Nigeria,23401

Once you receive payment,please send the package via (EMS) Post Office 3-5days delivery so it could get to the recipient in time.

P.N..Please reduce the worth of the item when shipping so the recipient will not payment much for the custom when the package arrival

Its nice doing business with you...

Regards,

Michelle Baltes
Assistant Director
Edgewater Development oil & Gas
e-mail: (REDACTED)
fax: 773-973-4045

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: micbaltes is a scammer. Do not reply to email [email protected]

Watch out for micbaltes.

I have seen this person before on other forums, and they send emails purporting interest in everything for sale.

(e.g. Other forum)

Do not reply to the email address.

[email protected]

They are a scammer collecting for mailing lists - or worse.
I got the same email from micbaltes, STAY away, it's a scam
She wanted to buy a watch from me and supplied information that was in Nigeria and there contact information did not make any sense once i crossed checked it with the interweb...haha
So please do not reply to them

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Per my WTB post looking for a Tutima FX I received the following from this scammer ..... BEWARE .... !!!

I received an email today from [email protected] as foillows:

I saw your WTB AD that you are in need of the above subject. Just want
to get you inform that i still have for sale if you are still
interested in buying, Let me know.

Cheers.

More from: [email protected]

Images he attached with the latest email were from this post:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-tutima-fx-automatic-day-date-mint-2-straps-$625-obo-256395.html

BODY OF EMAIL SENT TO ME:

Up for sale is my TUTIMA FX Automatic Day/Date MINT with 2 Straps.
Tutima FX Automatic Watch in MINT condition.
This watch is only six months old and is in mint condition. Both front
and rear sapphire crystal is scratch and blemish free. You would have
to look very closely and carefully to see any wear.

It comes with the original black leather band and also a sporty carbon
fiber style band which has been worn only a few days and looks new.
The original leather band shows normal wear.

It has quick set day and date function and a bi-rotational 60 minute
countdown bezel. The back is a sapphire crystal exhibition screw down
case.

The bright spots that show on the pictures are from the camera flash,
they are not blemishes. Sapphire domed crystal with anti reflective
coating is very difficult to photograph.

Factory Model Number. 631-35.
Movement: ETA Cal. 2836-2 25 jewels Swiss Auto-wind.
Functions: Day/Date calendar, window display.
Case: Highly polished finish, solid 316L Stainless steel. 2 piece
construction (core, back).
Bezel: Duo-Directional rotating, ratcheted, 0-60 countdown. Highly
polished finish.
Crown: Sport style, screw-down (threaded).
Crystal: Sapphire. Domed profile.
Dial: Black color. Luminous ( radiation-free Super-LumiNova ) numerals.
Hands: Losange style. Super-LumiNova radiation-free luminous filled.
White varnished.
Case Back: Observation crystal. Screw-down style ( threaded ).
Band: Black color. Genuine leather. Padded and stitched. Factory Logo embossed.
Clasp: Traditional tang style. Factory Logo engraved/embossed.
Water Resistance: 100m/330ft /10atm.
Case Size: Size 38.50mm. Thickness 12.00mm

I'm asking for £350 for it including shipping to you. Whats your
complete shipping address? I can ship via UPS or FedEx whichever you
prefer. I will accept payment via Money Gram as my PayPal is dormant
and currently not working.

Thanks,

Scott.

G

·
Scammer alert!

So i sold a watch to dpr0205

Around 28th of December 2012, have been trying to chase up to see if he had received it.

Today he informed he that he did but the package had nothing inside it, it sounded fishy to me.

Second e-mail he informs me that he called up the post office and went to the sorting facility, I'm pretty sure not anyone in the general public can go to the sorting facility either.

He said they found the watch and that there was no box or anything, just the watch and that it fell out while sorting...

Which sounds fishy to me as well, because it was inside a full blown watch box, inside another cardboard box, that was in turn wrapped up in bubble wrap and stick tapped until it doesn't even move!

There's not a sort machine could unwrap sticky tape and then open the box up and take the watch out.

I have been asking for photos and have asked them to log and issue to their local post, but no replies yet.

He has then decided to raise a Paypal dispute asking for over 70% pack as partial refund because he has no box and manual.

Sounds like a way to rip me off and get the watch cheaper.

I am now waiting for paypal to review the case.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Got a reply to my sales ad for a Kadloo watch, the guy emailed me expressing interest and then told me that he lived about an hour from me but would prefer to do a transaction using PayPal. I explained my terms of the sale because I did not know him but he seemed to just keep dodging my questions/requests. After 6 emails I was getting annoyed with the guy and I said I couldn't understand why he would not come collect the watch but if need be I would deliver it. Eventually I got an email from him saying that payment had been made and soon after 2 emails from PayPal stating payment had deposited but would not be released until I entered in valid shipping details.

The guy had said he lived an hour from Dublin but in the emails from PayPal it had a Nigerian address, now the penny dropped as to why he did not want to collect or have it delivered.

The guys name is Wand Oye and his email is [email protected]

Shipping address on the two fake PayPal emails

Name:ORIGBEMISOYE BABAWANDE
Express way FUTA North Gate,
City:Akure
State:Ondo-State
Zip Code: 23434
Phone Number:+2347039847822

1 - 20 of 231 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.