WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After speaking recently to the FF AD he told me he does not put a date on the warranty cards that he supplies, he said you can stick whatever date you like on it, now I like to think of myself as a pretty honest guy but it's tempting to leave it until I get a problem, but if i send my watch back with say a week old dated card and the watch looks like it's 2-3 years old......... whats the deal?

What have you guys done?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
After speaking recently to the FF AD he told me he does not put a date on the warranty cards that he supplies, he said you can stick whatever date you like on it, now I like to think of myself as a pretty honest guy but it's tempting to leave it until I get a problem, but if i send my watch back with say a week old dated card and the watch looks like it's 2-3 years old......... whats the deal?

What have you guys done?
Many other ADs do the same thing, Ryan. Being in the same quandary as you and fancying myself as honest, like you, I have put each of my new Omegas through a week of operation to be sure they are within tolerances and working properly. Then, I write in the date that I received the watch and send the required scan to Maria requesting the COSC certificate. My bill of sale will differ only by the number of days that it took for the watch to arrive at my door.

It does test your ethics! ;-)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I saw the same question posted on TZ back in about January. They may not be quite as honest over there,lol but in general,many thought leaving the date a year wasnt pushing their luck. My Speedy is now 10 months old and the date on the warranty card is still blank. Like everything i buy,the day after the warranty expires it will go wrong,so for now the card stays blank. P.S please dont tell the Omega Police

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! Very tempting to leave it but I may go the way you do Roger as I will want the cosc cert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts