WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know a lot of warranty card questions are asked/answered here but I couldn't find my specific scenario after a lot of searching (or the threads were really old).

I'm working on a deal for a used PO with a well regarded dealer. The warranty card for the watch doesn't have the AD name but the dealer is telling me that it's no longer necessary as warranties are now handled electronically.

The dealer seems like a straight shooter and their reviews are excellent here and on other sites. I'm inclined to trust them but figured I'd verify if I could.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Age of watch? It has been different over the years across brands. Paperwork, cards with names, cards with no names bla bla bla.

Pics would be best.

Buy the Seller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a PO Ref. 215.30.44.21.01.001 originally purchased from an AD in June of 2021.

I asked for pics of the warranty card but they declined as they don't provide "private information" like the serial #.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I asked for pics of the warranty card but they declined as they don't provide "private information" like the serial #.
Try reaffirming your interest and mentioning that you just want visual confirmation of the item in consideration.
They should relent if you mention that you're fine with them blocking out the serial number partially with just the last few digits showing to match with a similar photo from the case engraving.

·
Registered
385 Posts
A lot of the Omega Boutiques are not putting anything in the ”Jeweler” box on the warranty card when filling out now apparently. The card for my 3861 Speedmaster that I purchased from an OB this summer only has the date written in. I asked about it and they told me the same, that it’s electronically in the system now. My Seamaster that was purchased from a regular AD has the card completely filled out though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My watch was purchased (11/21) through an AD and shipped directly to me from Omega. There’s no date or AD name on the card. From reading around, that’s fairly common (card not filled out).

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
My Omega Speedmaster was purchased from an AD in July 2021, and shipped directly to me from Omega in NJ.

In October, the clasp seized up, such that it wouldn’t open. I brought it to an Omega Boutique, along with the blank warranty card, and they replaced the clasp under warranty no problem. As others have mentioned, it seemed to be online based.

Just an anecdote, hope it helps -- as always buy the seller.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
It's a PO Ref. 215.30.44.21.01.001 originally purchased from an AD in June of 2021.

I wouldn't buy it from someone unwilling to give me the SN. Sure I may not lost my SN publicly - but I'd give it to a buyer when selling. Heck if I'm selling it anyways - what's the harm?

If it was purchased in 2021, will the seller give you the receipt to view? Or is that too private for them too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't ask for the original purchase receipt but since this is a dealer who acquired it from the original purchaser, they may not have it.

To get an official response I contacted Omega and they responded within 24 hours. Not sure if it's OK to post their response in full so I'll summarize. They said there is no electronic warranty registration system and a dealers stamped/dated warranty card should be provided. If they aren't, a sales receipt was sufficient to ensure warranty coverage.

Seems like they're acknowledging that not all cards are dealer stamped but proof of purchase from an AD is still required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts