WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find out where i can send my 24Hr PVD LE for warranty work:-(.The crown wont stay in keeps popping out and i wont catch anymore.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks,Ram:-!

·
Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,877 Posts
try contacting Gevril about it as they are the new distributors for the US market:

Gevril Group
9 Pinecrest Road
Valley Cottage NY 10989
USA
Phone 845-425-9882
Fax 845-425-9897
E-Mail: [email protected]

or, you can contact that last authorized repair facility that we were aware of...
Time-Tec Watch Service Center
635 S. Hill St. Ste. # 209
Los Angeles, CA 90014
(888) 448-TIME
[email protected]

good luck and please let us know if you find any other info out that could be helpful to others

thanks!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Steve, didn't Saltzman’s Watches in Cranston, RI pick up the work? Or did that change too? I know their prior service company in RI went belly up (all too well as I had a watch there at the time!) and that Saltzman bought the company out of receivership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone!
This is Evan Saltzman from Saltzman's Watches. Yes we are still providing after sales service for Fortis watches. We do not have any relationship right now with the distributor, but are able to provide warranty and non-warranty service for all Fortis watches and use only Fortis parts. Thanks for remembering us 2Manywatchez, and please let anyone know if they need anything then we are happy to help!

Evan

·
Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,877 Posts
thanks guys for chiming in.

Evan, please reply back with your contact info so its on record
perhaps I can put another sticky at the top of the main page with all the current
service centers.

much appreciated

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi everyone!
This is Evan Saltzman from Saltzman's Watches. Yes we are still providing after sales service for Fortis watches. We do not have any relationship right now with the distributor, but are able to provide warranty and non-warranty service for all Fortis watches and use only Fortis parts. Thanks for remembering us 2Manywatchez, and please let anyone know if they need anything then we are happy to help!

Evan
:-!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys

This is Kevin, an AWCI certified watchmaker from Time-Tec Watch Service Center in Los Angeles. We are factory authorized service center for the FORTIS watches. We will be more than glad to help any FORTIS timepiece owner with warranty or out of warranty needs.Here is our information
Time-Tec Watch Service Center
635 S.Hill Street, Ste. # 209
Los Angeles, CA 90014
888-448-TIME
[email protected]
www.time-tec.com

You all have a great day

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys i really appreciate all the info,I'm really bummed that this happened to my watch i just hope they will be able to repair it rapidly and not worry about being away from my baby for a long time.I dont understand why that happened i never have to wind it up it keeps excellent time and i wear it all the time.Well thanks again|> Ram

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again guys, Spoke to emily at time-tec about two hours ago and she said that they can do the warranty work for the watch.The crown unfortunately is not covered under the warranty only the mechanism is covered o|,so i would have to pay cash or with a credit card for the repair.The only way that the crown would be covered is if the crown is defective,but they would have to see the watch first in order to give me a price if i have to pay out of pocket.I thought that fortis covered the whole watch including the crown because i would think that the crown would be part of the mechanism.Of course i could be wrong about that:think:.I called Saltzmans but they were closed so im going to call tomorrow.Another thing was being that the watch is a 24hr pvd LE they would have to get the crown from Fortis so i would have to wait 8 weeks for me to get my watch back,which to me would feel like a decade being that im not use to being away from my watch for more that (8 hrs) while im sleeping.Well if saltzmans has the crown im going to send it to them instead maybe they will have a better turnaround time.Thanks for you all's help i really appreciate it i'll keep you all posted,Ram

·
Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,877 Posts
I know there was a bulletin on the B-42 crown and tube setup and anytime a watch
was sent in for service the threaded crown and tube were swapped with the newer
200M wr setup that was a push/pull crown and tube set

wonder if they'd see your issue as falling into that category even though yours isn't
a B-42 case?
are your threads stripped out? (I am guessing likely so)

perhaps try to work them from that angle ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts