WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there was a section about where the watches originate from. it said that 80% was from europe. it also said that the Far East had some participation as well...what i want to know is what's being outsourced to the far east? (ie components ?, labor?) thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
there was a section about where the watches originate from. it said that 80% was from europe. it also said that the Far East had some participation as well...what i want to know is what's being outsourced to the far east? (ie components ?, labor?) thanks
This is just a guess but I think the bracelets are made somewhere in Asia. It's been my general experience that if something is made in a non-asian country except Japan it says so somewhere on the item. Stowa's bracelets don't say "Made in Germany" so I'd assume they're made somewhere else.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is just a guess but I think the bracelets are made somewhere in Asia. It's been my general experience that if something is made in a non-asian country except Japan it says so somewhere on the item. Stowa's bracelets don't say "Made in Germany" so I'd assume they're made somewhere else.
seems logical, thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Well, Jörg spoke about the added value - "80 percent of the value of Stowa watches is created in Europe" - which is created in Germany. No "labor" outsourced. I don't know what components are imported, only Jörg knows.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My knowledge:
The metal bracelets are from a reknowned company located in Pforzheim.
The expensive leather straps are from another reknowned german company.
Regarding the standard straps I don't know - however I think european copmany

Blued hands: swiss company that is part of the swatch group
Regarding the standard hands: I don't know - however I think european.

Don't forget that even if it is a german, swiss, european supplier, this company itself can do outsourcing and you probably will never ever know.

I recommend: Take a look at the range of offered watches, their price, and then compare the quality of each component and you will know ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts