WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

The accuracy itself should not change. However, the hands characteristic do have an importance for many watches as the motors can only properly handle hands within a certain range (weight, dimensions, etc). I'm not an expert in this field, but I think the main risk would be to affect the battery life (if the motors need more energy to move the hand). Another risk could be to lose steps, e.g. if the hands are to heavy, under certain conditions the motors might not be able to move them. In such case, the hand alignment will be impacted, which may give you the impression that your watch is running slow.

This is all theoretical of course, just keep that in mind in case you observe a change of behavior after having changed the hands.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be ok with less battery life. I hope I will not get loose steps.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Of the three, it would seem that the seconds hand would be the one that is critical in terms of matching size/weight to the original, since its the one that is continually in motion. I doubt the other two would make much difference in power consumption or accuracy, but don't have any direct experience to share. If you change all 3 hands and encounter any issues after the change, I'd try putting just the original seconds hand back on first and see if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts