WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there,

for those interested, there is a new app for Android, intended to track watch accuracy, probably it is obvious from it's name :). Frankly, it is a side project of our software guy, as we are few watch fans in company. Hope you will enjoy it.

McStinger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
v1.1 - Added small second profile
Requested option to export data will be added approximately in 1 week. So far it will be local export to CSV, if there will be more users, we will add server sync (Dropbox or similar).

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Just downloaded it. It looks pretty cool! I will give it a try.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Neat idea I will give it a try. I'm guessing small seconds at 6, 9 etc won't work with this? 1 and 2 hand watches are likely out I would imagine...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies to everybody.
Currently there is option for small second hands, just go to the profile setup and change corresponding setting. Program remembers position of a second sub-dial after moving it.
We will add 24-hour watch option as well, however, this will be in about 1-2 weeks, as this software is just fans to fans project, our core business is completely different.
Anyway, we are opened to requests and we will do our best to add options asap.

Regarding to 1-hand watches, I am not sure whether this has any sense, anyway, it is not a problem to add them, in case of interest. Similar situation is with regulateur watch style, so far we don't have any request for it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What we really need is a vibrograph app - one that listens to the beat of the watch, charts it, and displays the deviation!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just small update of current status. We have improved camera initialization routine, so now the app response should be faster on all devices. I highly recommend updating the app to the latest version.
Big thanks to all who have reported issues, Android devices are quite incompatible and we are really not able to test the app on all of them :)

Regarding to vibrograph app idea, it's really out of our scope, even this is just fun project, approved by our director.

Promised 24 hour dials coming in few days. Have a nice time.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Regarding to vibrograph app idea, it's really out of our scope, even this is just fun project, approved by our director.
I just downloaded wildspectra from the Google play store and it works pretty well for measuring the bit rate of my watched, it also give the deviation in s/day. It uses the microphone to listen to the watch beats.

I also downloaded watch accuracy and it looks good!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please, bear in mind, this app does NOT automatically recognizes time on the picture of the watch. It just sets controls to match the real time when the pic was taken. It is necessary to align controls to match the hands.

Some update in functionality:

1.3.0 - option to change focusing mode in Settings, 24-hour dials added, self-timer option added
1.3.1 - added Advanced options
1.3.2 - export to CSV

·
Banned
276 Posts
Have an Android Razr Maxx and it could not pick up any of my hands accurately at all. Watch is an Orient Ray. Uninstalled.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've used this app for some time and it has just started deleting all my profiles without warning. It's like a fresh install sometimes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts