WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow WUS community,

I'm looking to purchase my next piece for my collection.

I currently have:

• Grand Seiko Snowflake
  • Tudor Black Bay GMT
  • Omega Planet Ocean
  • Omega Speedmaster 57' broad arrow
  • TAG Link chrono

So now I'm looking for either a Rolex or JLC. Which would you guys advise
1. Rolex Explore I
2. Rolex DateJust 36
3. JLC Classic reverso
4. JLC Reverso Duoface

Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are you after a versatile sports watch or a dress watch? The reverso and explorer do not serve the same style purpose or versatility. What appeals to you about each?
Looking at your collection you are probably in need of a dress watch, but I don’t know if that works for your lifestyle.

I suggest the DJ as it would be a good compromise between tooliness and dress. I like the 116200 with the Arabic numericals- but there are plenty of options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really have a dress watch in my collection and I don't have a Rolex in my collection yet. I feel every collection needs a Rolex and as much as I appreicate Rolex there really isn't watch that really "sings to me". I also have a lot of versatile sports watches in my collection (GS snowflake, Omega PO, Tudor BB GMT) and but no true dress watch. This is why I'm kind of lean towards a reverso. But I haven't had a chance to try on a large reverso on, so I'm not sure how it'll fit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i just love explorer I. regardless of the competition or your current collection, i alway vote explorer I. they're just so beautiful.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
If you want a Rolex, why not seek your Tudor GMT and buy a Rolex GMT?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't really have a dress watch in my collection and I don't have a Rolex in my collection yet. I feel every collection needs a Rolex and as much as I appreicate Rolex there really isn't watch that really "sings to me". I also have a lot of versatile sports watches in my collection (GS snowflake, Omega PO, Tudor BB GMT) and but no true dress watch. This is why I'm kind of lean towards a reverso. But I haven't had a chance to try on a large reverso on, so I'm not sure how it'll fit.
Dont buy a Rolex for the sake of perceived collection completion. Plenty of other options out there that could "sing" to you.

I strongly suggest you go on try a bunch of Reverso's. They all fit differently and depending on your wrist size/shape it could either feel like an elegant, sculpted mechanical beauty or a lump of coal on your wrist. I have seen people pull off a Reverso as a GADA watch, but that kind of approach to style is too much high maintenance for me. I have always gravitated towards sports watches, and even dressier sports watches for the same reason I have non-iron dress shirts, a low maintenance haircut, and never plan my outfits/ensembles. I am inherently fashion lazy. I dont want to have to worry if my watch fits my [insert belt, buckle, shoes, eye colour, etc.].

Still not clear to me that you really like a reverso or are just trying to fill a "dress watch" void. You have a fairly well rounded collection. What are you looking for specifically, and how will it fit into your everyday life/watch rotation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts