WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new watch. I know, your all shocked. It arrived with two small scratches on the 6 o'clock end link of the bracelet. It seems this link has been rubbing against the next and has caused some markings. I have contacted the manufacturer (the watch was bought directly from them) and requested a replacement.

I did this because, personally, I VERY MUCH dislike scratches on my watches. Yes, I realize they are inevitable and some see them as signs of wear and fond memories, but not me. In this particular case my wife said I was being nitpicky HA!. and I probably am. This has me wondering if I am the one who is completely off base?

Pictures are of the actual watch in question. I will not name the brand or watch because they have not yet had enough time to reply to my inquiry, and I do not believe in dragging names through the mud without giving the other party ample chance for response.

What would you do?
Hood Netbook Gesture Watch Grille
Gas Engineering Machine Office equipment Electric blue

Hood Netbook Gesture Watch Grille

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would return it if it's a brand new watch.
A brand new watch won’t have that. One that’s been worn and/or finger banged a few times will. I’d return it if it was advertised as “new.”

I’m betting that was a return or a demo watch.

To clarify. Yes the watch was bought new and I paid full retail (less 10%, coupon code for new customers)

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Based on the location of those rub marks, I don't see how they could have been caused by contact with neighboring links.
I can’t explain exactly how it happens, but I’ve got a few marks like that…perfectly aligned just like OP’s…on a titanium bracelet.

Tried to get a better picture, but it is what it is. Disregard the sea of scratches and see the two spots (bottom link) aligned similar to OP’s.

Office equipment Rectangle Office supplies Material property Gas

·
Premium Member
14,402 Posts
...I have contacted the manufacturer (the watch was bought directly from them) and requested a replacement.
...I will not name the brand or watch because they have not yet had enough time to reply to my inquiry, and I do not believe in dragging names through the mud without giving the other party ample chance for response.

What would you do?
What I would do?

I would wait for their response to your inquiry instead of creating a thread asking what you should do.
Lip Fashion Flash photography Eyelash Makeover

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If the manufacturer wraps the bracelet in plastic the links won't do that. Was the plastic wrap removed?
I would just exchange it for another one. A second watch could have the same thing though. Most bracelet links and end links can put little rub marks on each other when rotated to their extremes. So in all likelihood the end user would put those marks on them anyways from day to day use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can’t explain exactly how it happens, but I’ve got a few marks like that…perfectly aligned just like OP’s…on a titanium bracelet.

Tried to get a better picture, but it is what it is. Disregard the sea of scratches and see the two spots (bottom link) aligned similar to OP’s.

View attachment 16804237
This watch is also titanium. The link definitely contacts the next link in that location. Perhaps the marking are caused a different way but I really believe that is from the links rubbing together.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I see the scratches and I would have to think about returning it. My concern would be that the scratches are so small that the replacement could easily have more, or the second hand could be off a tiny bit, or the bezel is not centered, or something else that's worse than two tiny bracelet rub marks.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts