WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great little video, thanks for sharing it. While there are some rather high-end movements with lower beat-rates, I confess that I find them a tad irksome. 8 beats-per-second is my Goldilocks sweet-spot.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing. Great mention of Seiko Spring Drive even though you don't have it in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marrin

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
excellent representation of different beats. Thanks for making this.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish there was a GS present in my country, then I maybe could have inserted it.
On my national watch forum the guys said they should chip in so I could buy one, here :) (a joke naturally)

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Sharing is caring!

Very interesting vid and good commentary, your time and effort making it very much appreciated:-!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I don't know if the brake is applied in the same frequency as the quartz oscillator inside the Spring Drive so it might actually be 2^15 * 3600 bph. But otherwise it's 0 bph I guess.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh my, that GS 36,000bph...

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool. That Grand Seiko seems to have some visible beat error though.
The Grand Seiko in my video was a clip from another YT member who agreed to let me use it, and it is a 30fps shot slowed down artificially, while the other watches were all shot in 60fps, which is why the GS does not look as smooth

1 - 20 of 24 Posts