WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good watch box? Don’t want to spend a ton of money for top of the line but don’t want a low end product, either. Looking for a solid, nice looking reasonably priced watch box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
A big question is: how many do you need it to hold?

I'm very happy with this, that holds 12 plus a drawer for straps tools and my keyfobs and other stuff in my pockets:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm very happy with this, that holds 12 plus a drawer for straps tools and my keyfobs and other stuff in my pockets:

That looks really nice. Reasonable price, too. I Probably only need 8 slots but this would work

·
Registered
15 Posts

How are the cushions in this one? Do they fit tight/snug in the slots (i.e. the watches don't flop around when you move the box)? I'm in the hunt for a new box as well because my current one has cushions that are too small and it's pretty annoying

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I’ve just been looking too, and ended up buying a wooden box from an Etsy seller called Voldor, in Bulgaria. they are hand made and each is different. You can get them with a display top or not and at different sizes. They are ‘decorated’ by being burned using electricity I think? I’ll add a couple of photos to show what I mean (seller’s photos not mine)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Wolf makes at least 3 or 4 different levels of boxes. Each level comes in differend capacities, usually 5, 10, and 15 slots. Other storage sizes are available in some models, I think. Also, many ADs stock some Wolf products, enabling you to check some out before ordering one. I have a Wolf 15 slot Windsor model, and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I’m leaning toward either the Wolf Windsor 5-slot or the Rothwell 6 slot

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Thanks. I’m leaning toward either the Wolf Windsor 5-slot or the Rothwell 6 slot

The Windsor is a nice choice. It's what I have. At one point, I was going to downsize and upgrade to a 10 slot Savoy, but when it arrived I decided I liked the Windsor better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How are the cushions in this one? Do they fit tight/snug in the slots (i.e. the watches don't flop around when you move the box)? I'm in the hunt for a new box as well because my current one has cushions that are too small and it's pretty annoying
Very tight. Nothing moves on this even if you shake it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

I have this 6 slot version and have been happy with it. The drawer doesn't have any rails; it just slots into the case. I store my extra links, straps, and spring bars in there.

The cushions are semi rigid and work better for watches on straps. Bracelet watches work if you have a large wrist. I bought generic soft pillows for my watches on bracelets, but I had to pull out some filling to get the pillow to fit.

The case has a faux carbon fiber finish. I did not have any of the problems that other Amazon reviewers had, like damage on arrival, crooked plate handle, and misaligned drawer.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Do you need a winder? You can get winders that also store watches, so that can save you a bit of space (though they can be quite large).

Mine is by Dulwich Designs and I am quite pleased with it.

·
Registered
9,841 Posts

I like that watch box, a lot. The only 'problem' I can see is I have 6 nice watches. I'd feel obliged to fill in the empty spaces......with new watches! :LOL:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE: I had a bad experience with WOLF. I bought a 5-slot watch box, but they sent me a box with only 4 useable cushions and one completely worthless, tiny cushion. Thus, the 5-slot watch box only held 4 watches. I asked them to replace the one cushion, sent them multiple photos depicting the issue, answered all of their questions, and after I explained the issue several times, the customer service rep said WOLF doesn’t issue replacement cushions. Since the product was defective, I requested return information and demanded a prepaid label from them for return. They refused to provide it and told me I had to return the defective product at my own cost. I’ve never seen a company - especially an expensive luxury goods business - less willing to stand behind its own product. WOLF’s customer service was lousy; just obtuse and unhelpful. I will never buy from WOLF again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts