WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
I have spotted Ryan Reynolds wearing a Knightsbridge watch by Henry London which I wrote a post about for a commercial website that will remain unnamed. I also contacted Henry London to check if my suspicions were correct and they have confirmed that it is! Whilst they have not endorsed him to wear the watch either Ryan or his stylish has decided to choose the watch for the action film.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This watch was chosen to be a downgrade to his high end watch when he had triple AAA status, I believe that watch was a Bremont ?

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
This watch was chosen to be a downgrade to his high end watch when he had triple AAA status, I believe that watch was a Bremont ?
I am not so sure..

It is this watch. A chronograph.. Difficult to tell from this still (Speedy?):

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am not so sure..

I believe it was a Patek Philippe 5004P Perpetual Chronograph. I definitely know it was a Patek, because I saw the name on the watch.

My girlfriend (who lovingly puts up with my watch obsession) and I went and saw the move this past weekend. They give a close up of the watch at the beginning of the movie when it's on the table and my girlfriend goes to me "That's a Patek! I knew that one!"

I've found me a keeper! :D

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I am not so sure..

I believe it was a Patek Philippe 5004P Perpetual Chronograph. I definitely know it was a Patek, because I saw the name on the watch.

My girlfriend (who lovingly puts up with my watch obsession) and I went and saw the move this past weekend. They give a close up of the watch at the beginning of the movie when it's on the table and my girlfriend goes to me "That's a Patek! I knew that one!"

I've found me a keeper! :D

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Just looked again.
Looks like a fake Patek unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I saw the movie with my little cousin who is into watches (her idea of watches include Anne Klein and the likes). During the close up scenes of the watches, she whispered to me, "are you watching the movie, or looking at the watches?"...

There is a fellow on here who has a nice little collection of Henry watches. His thread is somewhere in the affordable forum.
lol

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Just watched this movie. He was wearing a Patek at the beginning but then wears a Henry when he's down on his fortunes.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Just looked again.
Looks like a fake Patek unfortunately.

wow they actually used that on film? I would think with such a closeup, they'd get some product placement $ and just use the real thing (well maybe a little cheaper model, but still a real one)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I call bogus. Reynolds is a Piaget ambassador, and the crown in that shot is way too narrow to be the Henry. Plus, the indices are long and skinny, I can't make out a third (seconds) hand, and there's clearly no date aperture. That's gotta be an Altiplano in blue.

Great movie tho.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I call bogus. Reynolds is a Piaget ambassador, and the crown in that shot is way too narrow to be the Henry. Plus, the indices are long and skinny, I can't make out a third (seconds) hand, and there's clearly no date aperture. That's gotta be an Altiplano in blue.

Great movie tho.

View attachment 12751469
lugs are different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts